Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

anyone with a FAXKO ladder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone with a FAXKO ladder

I saw this ladder the other day and it is new to me. A ladder with adjustable legs and an extendable set up. Wondering if anyone has one or has used one. Looked like an interesting step ladder that can be adjusted to taller heights as well as uneven surfaces.

You can see it at Faxko.com

Re: anyone with a FAXKO ladder

They're near me and have it listed on CL frequently. Looks nice, but never seen one in person myself.

Seem a little lightweight looking for a type 1a, but if it's rated, it's rated, right?

Julian
    Julian Tracy
    Tracy Renovation By Design, Inc.
    www.RenovationByDesignInc.com

Comment

I'm actually looking for a 10' step and I like the fact that it's an 8'-10', and a 12'.
      -Dennis

Can someone PLEASE invent a sarcasm font!

Comment

look like a versatile ladder for sure
        Tom

Comment

I agree Tom, I just printed the brochure and I'll present it to the guys tomorrow to see if they will use it.
          -Dennis

Comment

If anyone gets one, post a review. Looks interesting.

Comment

I'll let you guys know tomorrow if I'm going to buy one. I REALLY like the fact that it has the belt because of OSHA's new fall protection laws.
              -Dennis

Comment

All,
                Hmmm...interesting design. I have one of those Gorilla Ladder adjustable step/extension ladders from a big box store. It works pretty well. Although I find it to be a little heavy to manipulate when doing interior work. One area I use it a lot is while painting is being done in stairwells. You don't need to use an extension ladder against a wall. Which brings me to this ladder. The base is wide which is great for stability and safety, but how will it work indoors? Can you use it to change the bulbs in the chandelier of the tall foyer? The idea of a one size fits all ladder is intriguing, but hard to meet.

Don
                I started out with nothing. I still have most of it left.

Comment

Originally posted by S.Joisey View Post
                  If anyone gets one, post a review. Looks interesting.
                  I thought we were against reviews or maybe just video reviews.

I was watching the video that Faxko has on it's site and it looked a little awkard to use standing up. But I am guessing like any other ladder you get used to it. About the only other ladder I used to see was a combo step ladder that the legs could slide up and down to make an extension ladder. Not sure what they were called but I used to see them around once in a while.

Scott did a review of a ladder in American Paint Contractor but I do not recall all the details. It was one of the ladders that collapses down on itself so that a 16 ft is around 3 ft tall. The one he tested he gave a good review especially for doing things like stairwells.

Comment

Hmmm... If you pull an aerial shot of their "company" address, it's somebody's house. They say it's their first product. Nothing wrong with all that, but I'd be a bit cautious and check it out a tad more thoroughly than something made by Werner ;)

Comment

I dunno, that garage is looking mighty big. ;0)
                      -Dennis

Comment

Working...
                      X