Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Delta hybrid 36-714

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta hybrid 36-714

Was wondering if anybody has any experience with this saw? I have an opportunity to buy one right now from a past costumer. It is a couple of years old, but has never been used. He wants me to make him an offer on it, but I'm not sure what its really worth. He also has a 6" jointer and lathe with tools that he wants to get rid of, none of which have ever been used.
    Geoff

Re: Delta hybrid 36-714

That's a 1 3/4P saw. 110or 220
    They came out in 2005 and sold for $800
    Used $500 to $900
    Why is nothing used?

Comment

Thanks, the owner decided to take up wood working as a hobby and bought all the tools he thought he might need then never got around to using them. I was actually looking for a portable planer and knew he had two of the dewalts so I contacted him but he sold those last year.
      Geoff

Comment

I have this saw ,and use I in my "cabinet shop", it gets light use and has performed well. I have the biesemeyer fence with 32" rip and the rear extension table. It's Under powered for production use or ripping 2" thick hardwood. Set up with a good blade and some adjustment it runs true and is great for most use. Dust collection works well. It's the same as the Steel city Hybrid. Not bad value for this level saw. I got mine on sale with , biesemeyer fence, with free extras, Mobile base, tenon jig, extra miter fence jig, porter cable 2.5 belt sander. all for $1000 3 years ago. the regular price with fence was $1100. Were starting to use it more and I want to upgrade to a real cabinet saw, like the new Unisaw or the SawStop, but it works for now and i can't complain.
        Hans Dietrich
        Enhabit Design+Build

Comment

Thanks, I am buying it for $750. I just found out that this thing is still in the box. He actually said boxes, so I guess there will be some assembly required. It has the Biesenmeyer fence and table board, whatever that is. He has now listed the jointer and drill press on Craigs list if anyone is interested.
          Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by butcher View Post
            Thanks, I am buying it for $750. I just found out that this thing is still in the box. He actually said boxes, so I guess there will be some assembly required. It has the Biesenmeyer fence and table board, whatever that is. He has now listed the jointer and drill press on Craigs list if anyone is interested.
            The table board is the piece of laminated material immediately to the right of the saw's top. It's supported by the saw on the left side & a pair of legs on the right. Makes a good spot to drop a router into...http://store.cbtoolgroup.com/delta-1...rce=googlebase

Congrats on the new saw.
            Greg

Comment

Working...
            X