Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Dewalt drill switch,,,,No fix?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt drill switch,,,,No fix?????

Had one of the guys last week tell/show me that the switch on a 18 volt Dewalt hammer drill was going out. It's over a year old. Went to the local lumber yard today in the town were in who sells Dewalt to order a new one.
    They called me back later and told me that Dewalt no longer makes parts for this paricular drill model.
    Soooooooo what are the options here;

1) Does anyone make an aftermarket switch to fix this drill?

2) Keep complaining to Dewalt since drill really isn't that old and hope for compassion and maybe a new drill? ( I doubt )

3) Just pitch drill and buy a new one and enjoy the extra batteries that come with the kit?
    Pup

Re: Dewalt drill switch,,,,No fix?????

Try www.toolpartsdirect.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark G View Post
      Ditto, they'll have the part you're looking for.
      "You couldn't do it and they didn't help.."

Comment

Also for a reasonable price you can send the drill to a dewalt service center and ask for it to be rebuilt. You might even get a better drill back if they do not have the parts. I use to live in Charlotte, NC where there was a service center and found that it was a pretty good deal as they completely went over the drill and replace anything broken or worn.

Comment

another option maybe to pop the switch open and file the contacts .some open easy and some are just a lost cause

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll try the tool part direct link tonight. But now it's 4am and I've got to get headed to the jobsite.
            Thanks again,
            Pup

Comment

Well I used the site mentioned and that little piece of plastic was $60.83 including shipping. I thought it was high for a plastic swith but cheaper than a new drill. I'll see how it goes replacing it. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
              Pup

Comment

I repaired a DeWalt grinder once. The actual switch was a standard on/off slider inside the housing. This is a good source for tool switches: http://www.eurtonelectric.com/home.html

Comment

Working...
                X