Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Bosch/Festool Jig Saw Blades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch/Festool Jig Saw Blades

I just bought a new Bosch Jig saw and after one day's work am in love. But being interested and wanting to get the most out of every tool, I've been reading every review I can find and came across one for the Festool Jig Saw.

Looks pretty neat, but I did read a reference that when cutting 4"x4" OMGosh, really? that the reviewer indicated that the Festool blade might be part of why it was so good doing this one task. Everything I'm reading about Festool seems to be that they make pretty fantastic tools but I'm not about to put aside my new Bosch, it's my second one and one place I'm very loyal.

He also mentioned that you could use Bosch blades in the Festool so is it possible that Festool blades can be used in the Bosch and would it be a good fit, or a compromise. The Festool blades might be thicker or somehow different in the upper part that wouldn't allow them to be used in the Bosch but if they can be switched back and forth I'd like to learn everything I can do with my Bosch if it in any way broadens or imporves it's use.

I've never seen anything made by Festool and don't know yet if anyone in Seattle has their stuff (internet searches seem to come up with stores in my area that may have distributor deals but don't seem to stock the stuff, Bosch just sent me a catalog and with it a letter listing the closest stores, one being Hertz which only rents them and the other two only carry a couple of items...better to order online if I know what I want but to try a blade it's a stretch just to find out if it works).

Anybody tried swapping the blades in these tools?

Re: Bosch/Festool Jig Saw Blades

I have a Festool jig saw and yes it will take Bosch blades. I have a few festool blades but I tend to buy Bosch because I can get them anywhere. I do not have a Bosch so I can't check if the Festool blades will fit but tomorrow I will see if they fit in my Dewalt. I would guess they should as the Festool blades use what looks like a Bosch shank. As far as the blades go, unless you need a special blade Festool makes I would stay with Bosch, they are much cheaper than Festool and just as good. The tools are a different story. Everything they make is top notch.

Comment

All Bosch blades will fit the Festool jigsaw, and almost all Festool blades will fit the Bosch jigsaw, except the TRION series which are a bit thicker.

Bob
      Bob

http://bobmarinosbesttools.com

Comment

Woodcraft Supply in south Seattle has Festool stuff, but their jigsaw blade inventory has been spotty. I haven't checked lately, though.

Comment

Bosch announced last month that they are coming out with 2 new 7inch jig sawblades. Didn't find them in their online catalog yet though. One of which is a wood blade designed for use on 4" beams, and they specify one of it's uses is when framing up roofs. I don't know anything about that kind of work and it seems weird to think it would be okay but why not, their new saw does have a lot of power and if it'll cut straight, it's a small profile saw to do a big job, that could be neat in certain situations. The new saw has me using the Progresser wood blade all the time now and I used to think it was kinda long for my old click-top.
          Jannie
          Last edited by Jannie Anderson; 10-28-2006, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X