Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

crazy house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy house

Thought you guys might like to see a couple of pics of the plans for a house we're gettin ready to start, 37,000 sq ft, 15 different roof pitches, radius rake walls, all perched on top of a rocky desert hill top had to sign a non-discloser just to see the plans.
    rustynail3.com/crazyroof
    If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice
    https://rustynail3.com

Re: crazy house

Pretty sweet project to have, I envy you. How the hell do you price something like that? It seems like if you don't do that sort of thing all the time, there is no way to know what to expect.

Aaron
    Aaron Keathley
    Keathley Building & Remodeling

Comment

Wow...

How many pages of structural drawings came with that? Better yet, what was the architect smoking when he came up with that design? Looks like a cool project though. You'll have to update us with pictures on this one as you go along. I'd love to see how this gets framed.
      Your guy lost. Get over it.

Comment

The design reminds me of a house built on the HGTV show "Dream Builder's" a while ago. The show should be called "nightmare builders" IMHO.
        Renaissance Restorations LLC
        Victorian Home Restoration Services
        Box 3092
        Fayville, MA 01745-0092

http://www.renaissancerestorations.com

Comment

Rusty:

Hope you are on a T&M basis, I don't see any way you could bid that house. I'd say about 25 to 35 million?
          "The only communists left in the world are in American Universities."

--Mikhail Gorbachev

Comment

You would think that the ONLY way you could get a materials list for that house is if the CAD program that it was drawn in creates one itself. I'd go nuts trying to figure materials on that sort of project. Isn't it bad enough that we've already had one Frank Lloyd Wrong?
            Your guy lost. Get over it.

Comment

pretty wild eh? the pics hardly scratch the surface of whats in that house. your right Bill, the first thing i asked was if there was a cad produced material list, it looks really thin tho so I get the task of checking it(who's gonna check me? lol)we are pushing a cost plus setup but the builder really wants a bid. I normally turn in labor and material numbers to my boss and he does the bidding. But I dont even know where to start, I don't think theres two TJIs in the whole place that are the same lengh
              and heres a kicker, most of those roof planes are also ceilings, using the bottom of the TJIs. so they will have to be laid out for a bazillion IC cans.
              I will be taking plenty of pics (up until my breakdown at least)

Russell

Comment

Originally posted by rustynail
                Thought you guys might like to see a couple of pics of the plans for a house we're gettin ready to start, 37,000 sq ft, 15 different roof pitches, radius rake walls, all perched on top of a rocky desert hill top had to sign a non-discloser just to see the plans.
                rustynail3.com/crazyroof

Did that say you could post the plans on the internet?

wild house!
                Beware of the man whose belly does not shake when he laughs

Comment

OOPS! I'm in trouble now. Actually it asked not to disclose owner, location, dollar amounts involved or any of the other subs involved, and I'm fairly sure nobody in this forum will plagerize(spelling?) the plan.
                  actually I've had to sign those on a couple of house we've done the most stricked was for a guy who wanted all his WINDOWS to be COMPUTER OPERATED hint hint

Comment

What a cool project. Can you disclose the architect? I'd love to see their website or other completed projects.

Comment

here are a couple of pics of a house designed by Guy Dreier that is similiar to the crazy house but not as extreme. hmmmm.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Rusty:

Dreir's work sells for over $900 a foot, what a privilege to build it, I hope you are the builder and not just being used to build it.

Here is an example of his work.

--Mikhail Gorbachev

Comment

Originally posted by rustynail
                          OOPS! I'm in trouble now. Actually it asked not to disclose owner, location, dollar amounts involved or any of the other subs involved
                          Rusty,

You may want to take a look at those pics. I belive you can see the owners name on http://rustynail3.com/crazyroof/crazyhouse3.jpg . Would hate for you to get in trouble before the project even starts.

Kraig

P.S.
                          How do I change the hyperlink text to say crazyhouse3 or anything shorter the way Dick did with "work" above.

Comment

crazy house 3

typed like this

[*url=http://rustynail3.com/crazyroof/crazyhouse3.jpg]crazy house 3[/*url] minus the "*" ofcourse.

and wow crazy house indeed, should prove to be quite the expeirance!

Comment

Rusty:

What's happening with the Crazy House?

--Mikhail Gorbachev

Comment

Working...
                              X