Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

10" sliding compound miter saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joseph f merz View Post
    that 7 1/2" makita sure looked attractive . Saw they stoped making it . ridged has or had a little sliding double bevel cordless 7 1/2" .never used it but maybe it would fit your niche .sure does seem attractive .that little blade is not only inexpensive but hardly any run out .
    That 7 1/2" was wicked accurate, the 8 1/2" is good too. I think they make it still, only with battery power. Not sure what to make of battery powered tools like these but I think it's basically the same saw.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceK View Post
      FYI, we have a 12" Rigid that I use it to cut bones into smaller pieces for my dog. Works just fine for that.
      son't know if I have ever heard of anyone doing that with his miter saw. I have a guy I know who uses a old saw to cut up tree limbs from his yard into firewood for the fire pit.

Comment

My dog doesn't like the 12" Rigid because he likes his bones all in one piece.

Comment

P.S.: My dog, Moocho Poocho, is very marrow minded.

Comment

Bruce ,I never thought to ask -what milwaukee saw did you own .I just read into it that you meant that 10" that they used to make .

Comment

[QUOTE=IndyDog;n1075872]I had a 10" Makita with all the bells & whistles I used for years, got sick of it and bought the Makita 7 1/2" SCMS, just back to the basics. Fell in love with it and never looked back. I have no need for a dual since I just went back to my skills as was before duals came out + I cut crown on the flat.

Last month a client of mine drove over it with his car and I looked for a new one but they stopped making them, looked for a used one and can't find any. Wound up with the Makita 8 1/2 which is a fine saw but I'd take my mini back with joy.

One of my guys has the Hitachi and it's nice machine (8 1/2") but I prefer the Makita.

I haven't visited this site for a few years now but saw this post. My favourite, is still like you, the Makita LS0714. I was talking to one of my tool suppliers just outside Toronto and he still has stock. If it helps I've put the link below. I've been dealing with these guys for 20 years. With the great exchange rate for you guys it might work OK. I have no connection to this business except as a happy customer.

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/...ound-mitre-saw

John

Comment

I purchased the Milwaukee 10" sliding miter cordless last year. I had used the Dewalt sliding for almost 20 yrs. The Milwaukee is a great saw!! Powerful battery that I can use all day for trim and most of the day for framing. Double bevel is invaluable and the stops make it super easy to use - way faster than Dewalt. Another super handy item is the LED light that not only illuminates work, but shows where the blade will cut (better than any laser). I didn't think I would need that feature, but it has become one of my favorites. The best thing is this saw is super portable and I can easily put it in the back seat of the truck without hurting my back. The accuracy is great and I have used it for cabinet trim with no problems.

Comment

Bosch, Hitachi, and Makita all make great models. Nice to have a slider if you're also installing shelving on a trim job.

Comment

i have a hitachi and i use .that it good saw . i find another saw but don't find good saw

Comment

Working...
                    X