Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Need quiet torque control battery drill.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need quiet torque control battery drill.

yes, and the protool is actually less expensive (euros).
    Probably because they use "goose and duck down, with
    up to 5% feather content". (approximate translation)

Comment

I went out in the shop and tried out all the cordless drills I have. I have dewalts, milwaukees, makita's and metabos. The quietest one was a 2001 vintage 12 volt Metabo

Comment

they are NAIE (not avalible in england) either

and they dont have belt clips, a BIG downer

when you are swinging heavy fire doors (or any doors) on your own, you need a belt clip
        Last edited by Tom Bainbridge; 09-13-2009, 07:15 AM.
        Limey Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Bainbridge View Post
          they are NAIE (not avalible in england) either

and they dont have belt clips, a BIG downer

when you are swinging heavy fire doors (or any doors) on your own, you need a belt clip
          When I'm swinging doors I take off the right bag off my tool belt and replace it with a drill holster. That 12V Metabo was my personal drill for hanging doors when I did it in a big way (I had to retire from that work a couple of years ago due to arthritis in my knees). I've been using one of these lately http://www.amazon.com/Bigg-Lugg-Powe.../dp/B0000224SD They're pretty good except that they occasionally get caught on a rung going up a ladder.

I'm looking for my fourth set of replacement batteries for that drill. I also have the 15.6 v metabo which everybody hates (including me) but the 12v is the nicest balanced drill I've ever used, not just to use but to walk fast around a job site with it in a holster when you're swinging doors,
          Last edited by dave_k; 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Recently got a Makita for £100 from Tradepoint with 2 x Li-ion 1.3 Ah batteries. Seems pretty good, though I did manage to make it smoke on its first use, trying to remove a recalcitrant 150mm screw! I found more information here

Comment

Recently got a Makita for £100 from Tradepoint with 2 x Li-ion 1.3 Ah batteries. Seems pretty good, though I did manage to make it smoke on its first use, trying to remove a recalcitrant 150mm screw! I found more information here

Comment

I'd go with gas powered drill, like the ones they used to use to drill into Maple trees for syrup, and ear pro, of corse.

Comment

Working...
                X