Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Exterior door under covered porch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior door under covered porch

What is the standard in terms of flashing an exterior door when it's completely under a covered porch. Early 1900's home. Door is set in about 3' from the closest side so potentially some seriously sideways rain, maybe? But could I get by with just good caulk behind trim and under sill, spray foam gap from inside and call it good?

thanks,
    Justin
    Builder in Portland, OR

Re: Exterior door under covered porch

Treat it like a regular door. The house may be powerwashed one day.
    "American political opportunities are heavily loaded against those who are simultaneously intelligent and honest" --Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by JayNos View Post
      Treat it like a regular door. The house may be powerwashed one day.
      Agreed. Don't skip any protection under the assumption the door won't see weather. That porch could be a thing of the past one day, but the door might remain.
      Greg

Comment

OK, thanks guys. I'll give it the usual treatment.
        Builder in Portland, OR

Comment

I think it would be nice for you and us if you would post some photos of your work. In that way we can give you some advices and in our part we could learn this one.
          Turner Enterprises

Comment

Working...
          X