Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Stain on Siding-Under Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stain on Siding-Under Windows

I have replaced my siding 4 years ago and this year I have started noticing stains underneath the windows on the siding. This appears only where the rain is directly coming down (north east facing) and I have 3 windows on the second level and all of them got noticable stains. 3 windows on the lower level on the same side don't have that much visible, but it is still there. I have no idea what those are. Some people were saying it is the dirt from the windows, but I am little worried and sending some snaps. Can someone help me on this? I want to know whether this is just on the surface? Is this because of a low standard clauk? I would appreciate any help and advice on this. See the attached pictures. I tried to take snaps of different windows with close up and distant views.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredi...arget=ALBUM&id =5519194107825941169&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ76-eDdxanVlAE&invite=CI-phPwK&feat=email

Thanks
    Paul

Re: Stain on Siding-Under Windows

I didn't saw any photos. Have tried to wipe it out? Maybe it is just mold because of the rain.
    Turner Enterprises

Comment

Did you have these guys working on your house?

Comment

Originally posted by mjtent View Post
        I didn't saw any photos. Have tried to wipe it out? Maybe it is just mold because of the rain.
        Yes, I didn't saw any photos either...
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X