Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Favorite Apps Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Parlee
    replied
    Re: Favorite Apps Thread

thanks Dan

Leave a comment:

• Ohiobuilder
    replied

You Tube came out with an app as well:

http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2...dates-for.html

Leave a comment:

• Ohiobuilder
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Parlee View Post
    Dan

Edit that link
    I get

Your request produced an error.
    [newNullResponse
    Here it is:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto...575282599?mt=8

Leave a comment:

• Mark Parlee
    replied

Dan

Edit that link
    I get

Your request produced an error.
    [newNullResponse

Leave a comment:

• Ohiobuilder
    replied

Sketchup for the iPad:

http://geodatapoint.com/articles/vie...ad_app_for_bim

...not really but headed in the right direction

Sorry- try that one
    Last edited by Ohiobuilder; 12-04-2012, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• philthegreek
    replied

Chief architect has RoomPlaner app. It's not high end, but you can get concepts down quickly and it has a 3d view with textures. I have plan grid as well. For notating pictures, I use my measures.
    I also have apps for wood beam, steel beam and LVL sizing.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Allan Edwards
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Parlee View Post
    Alan

Do you have a good floor plan drawing app
    Mark:

I do not have a good app for drawing floor plans but I know they exist.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Parlee
    replied

Alan

Do you have a good floor plan drawing app

Leave a comment:

• Allan Edwards
    replied

Originally posted by Ohiobuilder View Post
    I agree that Skitch is a great little app - do you have it on your ipad? I find that I use it more on the ipad than my phone.

Do you use Plangrid? Its to markup screen shots of plans and quickly email them out.
    Yes, I have it on my iPad, I just find myself using my iPhone a lot more than the iPad. I do have Plangrid too but don't use it much, but thanks for the reminder. I need to use it moire.

Leave a comment:

• Ohiobuilder
    replied

I agree that Skitch is a great little app - do you have it on your ipad? I find that I use it more on the ipad than my phone.

Do you use Plangrid? Its to markup screen shots of plans and quickly email them out.

Leave a comment:

• Allan Edwards
    replied

Originally posted by jstoddard View Post
    Skitch is great - I'm waiting for the iPhone version (soon). JLS
    There is an iPhone version of Skitch now, I use it to mark up photos of work by subs that need attending to. Great little app!

Leave a comment:

• Ohiobuilder
    replied

Originally posted by Allan Edwards View Post
    Dan:

I know Evernote is popular, I've downloaded it but really never use it. How exactly do you use it.
    Allan-

I use it a "dump" for all the little snip-its that I collect from the web - emails - or photos. I have some Folders but really use the Tags as my main way of sorting.

I have one Tag called #bestpractices - anything that I come across that may help me better my business can be emailed or web clipped quickly and easily to Evernote. The web clipper tool is great and when emailing just add a #bestpractices to the subject line and its tagged as such and add a @anyfolder to send to a specific folder. I use the camera tool within the Evernote app as much as anything else - on my phone or iPad.

Recently we have been looking at buying and rehabing some bank owned/foreclosed homes. I keep track of all the potential properties within Evernote as the details can get confusing - photos, bank info, past sales, tax info, comps,every email is forwarded to that tagged property, county info and so on.

For my current new construction jobs I keep all the details - notes - photos - specs within Co-Construct.

One of the best features is the search function - the very best I have seen from any software I have used. Even hand written notes are recognized. The other thing is simplicity and ease of use - its just really easy to the information in there.

Leave a comment:

• Allan Edwards
    replied

Dan:

I know Evernote is popular, I've downloaded it but really never use it. How exactly do you use it.

Leave a comment:

• Ohiobuilder
    replied

Evernote has update for the iOs apps that is really good - nice upgrade from what was there.

http://blog.evernote.com/2012/11/08/...nd-ipod-touch/

Leave a comment:

• FesFool
    replied

I am still happy with Timewerks, unlike some of my other apps the developer keeps improving this app without changing the core procedures /workflows that I have gotten used to.
    Dan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X