Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Sawhelper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawhelper

Has anyone bought a new stand recently or been in contact with Sawhelper?
    We have been leaving messages/emails for weeks and cannot get a response. We need another setup ASAP!

Re: Sawhelper

Tim is down for a bit. I don't know how long, and while I do suspect he'll get things reorganized and up again, between economic issues and supplier issues, he's basically stopped cold for a bit. You won't be buying one this year unless you find it used.
    Real trucks run on compression

Comment

Not something one wants to hear...
      David Tuttle

Comment

I wonder if he's interested in selling that brand....?
        Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
        Website - Facebook

Comment

I spoke with Tim a few weeks ago and ordered a Sawhelper. He told me the lead time was 6 weeks but gave no specific reason or indicated any business issues. Nice guy. I hope all is well.

Comment

Sounds like he has no inventory. Last one I ordered showed up three days later. Hard to imagine what a minimum order on those aluminum extrusions is...
            Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
            Website - Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by David Meiland View Post
              Sounds like he has no inventory. Last one I ordered showed up three days later. Hard to imagine what a minimum order on those aluminum extrusions is...
              Well, he could always revert back to good ole days of the Sawhelper when the other owner hired gradeschool kids to do the welding and painting in his basement.
              Your source for:
              Decks • Deck Design • Porches • Railings • Pergolas in Bergen County New Jersey
              Remodeling and Home Improvements in Bergen County | EPA Approved Lead-Safe Contractor
              Techno Metal Post: Helical Foundation Piles in New Jersey
              Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by DamonD View Post
                Has anyone bought a new stand recently or been in contact with Sawhelper?
                We have been leaving messages/emails for weeks and cannot get a response. We need another setup ASAP!
                i have a friend who wants to get rid of his sawhelper setup plus stops for $250, only trouble it's in ct.

Comment

Please have your friend e-mail me with his set-up. I'm in NH and might be interestd to get a second one. [email protected]. Thank you.

Comment

I hope you can still get these...I want one for a new setup. We have been making our own just like them...but Im tired of making a new one when ours gets worn out.
                    Jesse Wright
                    www.archmolding.net
                    www.jessewrightdesign.com
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archit...27731683955342

Comment

Tim is FAR for OVER! He's just doing what a lot of other manufacturers are doing--large and small: re-working his business plan, from rough material to finish product, trying to cut every inefficiency while improving his products. He's also working on adding new elements to the Sawhelper line. Should be interesting. Expect slow turn around for a little while as he works out the kinks in a new material manufacturing system.
                      Gary

Comment

that sounds great. I know everyone is in survival mode right now. we are reworking our business plan too. But I cant wait to see the new Saw helper. I may just order the connection brackets and rebuild ours till the new one comes out.
                        Jesse Wright
                        www.archmolding.net
                        www.jessewrightdesign.com
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archit...27731683955342

Comment

I'm not sure if he's thinking of a NEW sawhelper, just finding more efficient ways to manufacture and adding accessories.
                          Gary

Comment

I' am in the same boat.Finally decided to drop some serious money on miter saw stand and get get Saw helper to return phone calls.
                            I guess I cal always look into ROUSSEAU stands,heavy duty one is little cheaper then SH and look good.
                            Anybody has any experience with them?
                            Last edited by valerko; 12-14-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

i bought the fold-up table part .all metal makes it sturdy but very heavy .also unfolding is odd . but hey the setup looks good .

Comment

Working...
                              X