Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Ever Wonder what's inside ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Wonder what's inside ???

I just was curious and figured you east coast guys would like to see what a transponder looks like..

I don't know, does the rest of the country have to pay for the privilege to drive your roads ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by always-learning; 01-31-2012, 03:59 PM.
    Chuck

Re: Ever Wonder what's inside ???

I guess I can't change the battery after all...
    Attached Files
    Chuck

Comment

Yes, we pay out here, although not via transponder. I'm happy to pay since it's faster to drive than walk. I had a gizmo like yours in the Bay Area, to pay bridge tolls. Nice to pass the toll booth at full speed.
      Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
      Website - Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by always-learning View Post
        I guess I can't change the battery after all...
        EzPass is sending troopers to your home now that signal is lost. :)
        SteveC
        The improbable takes time, the impossible takes a little longer.

Comment

Yeah, Chuck, look on the bright side, when you're late getting home your wife can call the state patrol and ask where you are.... uhhh, just a second, ma'am (clicking of keyboard in the background)... ok, looks like he's at his girlfriend's house.
          Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
          Website - Facebook

Comment

In Indiana and Illinois there are toll roads.

I have the Illinois transponder that is the same as your EZPass, called the IPass. Indiana it is the IZoom.

The greatest things about the transponders;

Illinois tolls are half off with the transponder.

No stopping at most toll booths.

With or without a trailer you can use the Open Road lanes. The road figures it out.

Can use the IPass in, IL, PA, IN, NJ, VA, WV, MD, NY, MA, ME, NH maybe more that I do not know of.

The bad, if you have the detailed statements, you can see how fast you went through the toll sensors.

Tom
            http://chicagocraftsmen.org/2011/06/261.html

Check with the AHJ, what we say doesn't matter.

Comment

Biggest problem I have is I'm being raped for having it under a business name.

You see it's "blue" in color. Well, residential ezpass is white.

Because it's blue.. I pay twice what anyone with a white one pays.

When the transponder goes bad, such as the one in the pic above, I have to buy a new one for $14 each... which just came down from $21 each Whoooo hooo !

IF you have the residential one, I think you get a new one for free.

Great going through tolls without having to stop, although my trip into PA it failed to register twice going into and out of the state. I got two tickets, and had to dispute them. Supposedly my 4.5 year old battery was the cause. Who knows, but I guess I'll find out next time I go to PA.
              Chuck

Comment

IPass does have the blue one, but my account started before they had 2 different transponders. When I updated it they gave me another white one.

Tom

Comment

Chuck, do you have commercial plates?

Phil
                  It's better to try and fail, than fail to try.

Comment

Yeah, don't get caught with a residential EZpass on commercial plates. That happened to my father in law and he had to pony up big time. He didn't even mean to do it.
                    When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Here our Provincial gendarmes patrol the private Highway 407 with special vehicles just looking for improperly used transponders. The Highway's powers are impregnable even against the Provincial government, which refuses a licence renewal should the Highway hijackers say you owe them one cent--on which they charge you 27% annual interest. I don't drive it, but still tremble lest their plate readers malfunction and insist on charges against one of my plated vehicles.
                      "The fatal flaw of all revolutionaries is that they know how to tear things down but don’t have a f**king clue about how to build anything." Jim Goad

Comment

No toll roads in Michigan that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by philthegreek View Post
                          Chuck, do you have commercial plates?

Phil
                          Yeah,

All 3 of my trucks have commercial plates, so I can't escape it.
                          Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by dgbldr View Post
                            No toll roads in Michigan that I know of.
                            Wow, what is that like? We even have to pay to get on the beach.

We have several toll roads, but every bridge to get out of NJ has a toll. The worst now are the NYC bridge/tunnel crossings, $12 per car, $26 dual wheel anything, $65 tractor trailer. By 2016 it is supposed to be up to $105 for tractor trailers.

Truck drivers are resorting to James Bond tactics of flip down license plates now I can't imagine what they will do then.

Comment

My daughter went to Rutgers, Camden. I was surprised to find I had to pay a toll to cross the bridge (George Washington maybe????) from Philly to Camden. Things can be bad here, but not that bad.

Rumor has it they are considering a toll bridge in Hammond, In.

Tom
                              Last edited by tjbnwi; 01-31-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X