Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread
    Todd Chapman Guest

Default Chief architect for sale.

I would like to sell my copy of chief architect 8.0 full version, with the details package. It is a nice program but I have come across a guy who charges me less than my time is worth to make my drawings. I have everything including the books, disks, usb key. Email me if you are interested. I don't have a set price... I remember well what I paid for it about $1,500.00... If I could get back a good portion of that I would be happy.

Joe Stoddard Guest

Default Re: Chief architect for sale.

It costs about $345 to upgrade from 8.0 to 9.5 full version. There may also be a license transfer fee.

You should shoot for 75-80% of your purchase price minus those costs. That would still be a good deal for a purchaser.

JLS

Fred Guest

Todd,
    Just curious, Is your guy an Architect or a Cad guy? Do you do the initial schematic, or does he do the whole thing?
    Fred

Well, I can't figure out how to email you, Todd. I realize this thread is kind of old, but I just came across it and was wondering if you still have the software for sale...

And I am interested in which program the guy uses that's faster than Chief?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chapman
    I have come across a guy who charges me less than my time is worth to make my drawings.
    I think what he is saying is that he found someone who can furnish drawings cheaper than he can produce them himself (with Chief).

I think anyone who is dumping the software is doing so simply because they haven't the time or energy for the learning curve. Hopefully Todd is too busy making money building the jobs and has decided to leave the design to others. Very wise decision in some respects.

For speed, head to head, ART would be tough to beat when it comes to residential design.

Chief is sometimes available on E-bay. Make sure you're aware which version it is and what the features are. A full version 8.0 is there now.