Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Unusual Door

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Door

Saw this beauty while looking at a deck job in El Cerrito a couple days ago.

kevin
    Attached Files
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair

Re: Unusual Door

Don't forget to 'dog' that hatch shipmate!
    Chuck Kiser
    Knollwood Construction Company
    Palos Park, IL 60464

Knollwood Construction
    Kitchen Remodeling Chicago
    Bathroom Remodeling Chicago
    Building Repairs Chicago

Comment

Apparently someone truly believes Arizona and Nevada will soon become oceanfront property.

Comment

Looks like the door I installed on my teenager's room.

Comment

condition zebra
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by kfc510 View Post
            Saw this beauty while looking at a deck job in El Cerrito a couple days ago.

kevin
            Poor guy probably needs it since El Cerrito is right near Berkeley, there are everything from Anarchists to Zoroastrians there. I have to go there at times and the streets are full of bicyclists, they even have streets dedicated to bicyclists if I read the writing on them right, I have glaucoma so am losing peripheral vision and can't see the 'tards on my sides so I'm installing 360° cameras on all three cars, the Viper is the first to get the system at $1,500 a shot, while I believe Darwin should work his magic and cleanse the gene pool of them I sure don't want the liability of hitting one of them.
            "The only communists left in the world are in American Universities."

--Mikhail Gorbachev

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Seibert View Post
              Poor guy probably needs it since El Cerrito is right near Berkeley, there are everything from Anarchists to Zoroastrians there. I have to go there at times and the streets are full of bicyclists, they even have streets dedicated to bicyclists if I read the writing on them right, I have glaucoma so am losing peripheral vision and can't see the 'tards on my sides

Funny sh#t Dick
              Gary

Comment

Actually it's not funny at all. That kind of attitude combined with loss of vision, motor skills, and reflexes is bad news...It's time to surrender the license.

Comment

How do you know he's lost any motor skills or reflexes?

Comment

I no longer get on the road, but I was a competitive cyclist for 15 years. Been run into the ditch a few times. Many friends have been hit by cars. Friends of friends killed. I saw a young child get hit in front of my eyes.
                    When you're IN it, you are acutely aware of who the horrible drivers are.
                    If someone walked into a schoolyard carrying an AK47, "joking" about how he hated rugrats, would that be "funny sh#t" ?

Comment

OK, that explains your sensitivity on the subject, but not how you came to the conclusion that Dick has suffered a loss of motor skill or reflexes.

Comment

Some people take life too seriously and take things to heart. Just because Dick is not fond of greenie spandex wearing pansy cyclists doesn't make him a bad person.

Who hasn't clipped a cyclist with their side view mirror once or twice because they got to close to your car? No different than bumping into somebody on a crowded city sidewalk.

what's an AK 47?? something to do with Alaska?
                        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by dgbldr View Post
                          ...came to the conclusion that Dick has suffered a loss of motor skill or reflexes.
                          Exactly. What he's suffering from is a Darwinian inaction...
                          Donald on the basis of his net worth valuation-

"...feelings, even my own feelings, and that can change rapidly day to day"

Comment

I'm just trying to figure out what I should be doing about the Zoroastrians!
                            “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair

Comment

pearls.gif
                              Originally posted by kfc510 View Post
                              I'm just trying to figure out what I should be doing about the Zoroastrians!
                              Kevin:

The only ones I know of around here are in Berkeley, many confuse them with Iranians:

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                              Western world

North America is thought to be home to 18,000–25,000 Zoroastrians of both South Asian and Iranian background. A further 3,500 live in Australia (mainly in Sydney). In recent years, the United States has become a significant destination of Zoroastrian populations, holding the second largest population of Zoroastrians after India.¹
                              As to the bicyclists this cartoonist has a recurrent character called "Bob the Cyclist" pearlsswine.jpg He has Ernest the electric car driver, he's neglected Sol the guy with solar panels on his house. pearls.gif Larry should like me, how many other octogenarians spend $4,500 to put camera systems on their cars to at least try to avoid the insolent arrogant bastards.

When they built the new east span of the Bay Bridge the bicycle activist groups demanded their own lane, it ended up costing a billion dollars more, since it only goes half way across the Bay I've never seen a bicycle on it, but as I suspected they are now demanding another lane be hung off the western span, bids are $400 million for that, maybe they should pay for it with licensing fees, and while they are at it require safety features like cars, bumpers, air bags, etc.?

¹ http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Zoroastrianism
                              "The only communists left in the world are in American Universities."

--Mikhail Gorbachev

Comment

Working...
                              X