Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Larsen Storm Door Limited Lifetime Warranty...OH Yeah!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larsen Storm Door Limited Lifetime Warranty...OH Yeah!

It actually works, no bs, no improper installation excuses, simple warranty replacement.
    The storm door on the front of the house, under the farmhouse roof extension, started to separate and swell at one of the lower corners. This was installed 15 years ago! So I downloaded the warranty form, filled it all out, answered all the questions but explained the original receipt was long gone, and Larsen approved the replacement. I provided all the measurements they needed, because you need to reuse the window and screen inserts, and they do charge $50 for shipping and handling.

It arrived a couple weeks ago, was a perfect fit and installed very easily. I bought a new handle set, and special ordered the door bottom expander and it's a new door, looks nice again!

So, some manufacturers actually do provide warranty service on stuff that is years old. I expected a hassle, and truthfully, was surprised when it was approved promptly, and then shipped in about 2 weeks.

Not too many mfgs do this anymore!!! Way to go, Larsen Doors!!!!!
    Take Care

Jim

Re: Larsen Storm Door Limited Lifetime Warranty...OH Yeah!

Larson is a huge manufacture of storm doors, good to hear they back their product. I believe Pella some years back sold (their storm door division) to them.
    Gary

Comment

I've had the same experience, Jim. One of their full view doors separated at the corner, probably from blowing in the wind.

I filled out the forms with the serial #, and sent pics. They gave me a certificate to order a new one no charge at my local hardware store.

They also upgraded their installation procedures a few years ago. I find them a breeze to install because of it.

Because of this, I quote two prices for storm door installation - a lower one if it is a Larsen, and a higher one if it is anything else.

Comment

Good to hear how they treat you guys. I am glad to hear something positive about a manufacturer instead of the other way.

Comment

Working...
        X