Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Bostitch cordless 18GA

I've had the cordless brad gun for a little over a year...it certainly has its quirks, but it has be good. I cleaned it a couple of weeks ago and by the next morning it had rusted, enough so that I had to tap the piston to get it to free up. I cleaned it again and soaked the rust off, but it continues to do it. anything that is steel rusts. I haven't changed the way I've been storing it and actually put a sack of desiccant in the case.

Anybody have a similar experience? I used brake cleaner like the directions said and Paslode oil. Never had any problems before.
    Drew

Default Re: Bostitch cordless 18GA

they recommend brake cleaner? That stuff is pretty strong stuff. I would think it would be too strong. You sure it said to use that?

i wonder if neversieze would work .very slick ,tenacious stuff .At least it stays forever on your fingers and clothes .

I ended out getting a new one, I soaked the rust off the parts, but even the aluminum, was starting to pit and get chalky. I'm wondering if they can only take so many cleanings before the coating on the steel stuff wears off.

I going to stick with the Paslode cleaning techniques for now on.
    Drew