Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default help building portico/ waterproofing

Can anyone guide me to build up with framing the existing unfinished flat portico roof to the portico roof in the picture? I need help as how to frame the roof to have a bit of an overhang on the top. Also any advice on how you would attach any gutters or do any drainage would be very appreciated. Also I can use your input as to what components and molding profiles I need to recreate this front portico? columns , moldings and crown. I am attaching pic #1 of clients unfinished front porch and #2 of picture I am trying to recreate . Thank you so much for your help!IMG_1667b.jpgIMG_1336b.jpgIMG_1339b.jpg

Default Re: help building portico/ waterproofing

this is a great project . by the amount of question you are asking i would say you would be wise to get someone to draw up a set of plans . No -Wait By the scope of the project ,the detail of the project and because you want to successful you need to get someone to draw this up .I would want this drawn up .

portico detail.JPGI'm attaching a portico detail . Can anyone check if these measurements will get me similar results to the above picture?

As I replied to your "Rough Framing" post, rethink this. Just because a bikini looks great on one lady does not mean that it will look good on some another lady.

Your not doing your client a favor. At least get some professional architectural design help. They could come up with something similar but more in keeping with the house design.

Post a completed pic. and prove me wrong. :) Good luck.