Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Flashing for veener stone around door

I'm installing eldorado veener in a dry stacked ledge stone.this is a existing door for front entry I will explain my procedure.the wall is plywood sheathing .i removed existing brick mould from the door installed a layer of tyvek house wrap over sheathing under pan at sill and turned in at rough openings on sides of jamb .then install a layer of fortifier fortiflash .25 x6" wide bith.tape for a jamb flashing up both sides at the head will cut tyvek at 45 deg. And install fortiflash to plywood over top of headand jamb flashing.next will install PVC brick mould with a bead of moisstop sealant on back side of moulding around the edge.next install head flash over brick mould and tape tyvek sides. Then install 2 layers of super jumbo tex 60 minute paper in shingle fashion.then I will install a rain screen product from keene then lath scratch coat then stone veener .i have a metal flashing at bottom of wall that all layers will go over.my question is should jamb flashing go over or under tyvek on side jambs.

Default Re: Flashing for veener stone around door

It works either way as long as there is a proper shiplap above where the flashing is outboard of the WRB.

Default Re: Flashing for veener stone around door

Just to clarify.. When you said "installed a layer of tyvek house wrap over sheathing under pan at sill and turned in at rough openings on sides of jamb." you did not mean the house wrap under the sill pan! This should be over the sill pan and it's flanges coming up the wall sheathing.
    Adam Greisz

Wood is Good