Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Decking hidden fastener nailer - scrail nailer

Hi guys,
    Have a few good sized decks to do this summer and getting tired of bending over and using the impact driver to put the hidden fasteners in. I mainly use Trex and Timbertech decking.

Anyone have an experience with the Tigerclaw hidden fastener gun?

Or the Fasco invisideck gun?

Suredrive gun? My salesman at the Lumberyard told me the clips for this one are larger and easier to work with then the above 2.

The first two are 300 and the Suredrive is around 230 I believe.

Thanks,
    Mike

Default Re: Decking hidden fastener nailer - scrail nailer

[WHITE=mdannolfo;705078]Hi guys,
    Have a few good sized decks to do this summer and getting tired of bending over and using the impact driver to put the hidden fasteners in. I mainly use Trex and Timbertech decking.

Anyone have an experience with the Tigerclaw hidden fastener gun?

Or the Fasco invisideck gun?

Suredrive gun? My salesman at the Lumberyard told me the clips for this one are larger and easier to work with then the above 2.

The first two are 300 and the Suredrive is around 230 I believe.

Thanks,
    Mike[/QUOTE]
    I have the tiger claw gun. Bought it thinking it would save me a bunch of time and money on labor. It's decent but u still need to bend over to manually insert the clip into the gun, and then insert the whole gun/clip contraption into the decking slot. Sometimes the clips fall off the gun tip. It takes a little finesse, getting used to, but is effective, though honestly, they claim u can cut time in half. We discussed it on a decking job, decided this may be a lofty claim. It's nice though to be able to pull out the nails and 're install like a screw though. I would recommend if u do have a few decks coming up and it pays itself off quickly. One other thing. It's sort of like a flooring nailer, u can't use it in tight spaces or against walls, alongside railings,etc.
    Hope this helps.
    Jon