Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Default Re: How Solar Will Destroy America's Electric Utilities

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Seibert View Post
    Mark:

It's not corporate statute, it's IRS regulations as governed by court decisions, to escape California's taxes my friend, the construction attorney, who was born and raised in Houston isn't returning to Texas but is moving to Nevada.
    Cleft infinitive,... or something. Gaming the vagarities of the state structure(s). Also nothing terribly new nor anything quite like your wiki link, but still, one flat-ish national "community standard" would redistribute wealth, too.

Root pity in thy heart, that when it grows
    Thy pity may deserve to pitied be
    ~Bill S.
    Last edited by MarkMc; 03-06-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: comma
    “I find the curiosity of our men with respect to this animal is pretty much satisfied.”
    ~ Meriwether Lewis

Mark:

Absent a Supreme Court determination we have 9 Circuits in this country that govern IRS policies, I am governed by the holdings of the 9th Circuit, Allan by the 5th:

Quote Originally Posted by AICPA
    S corporation shareholders generally prefer dividend distributions of their S corporations’ profits over compensation payments from the S corporations because the compensation payments are subject to payroll taxes and dividend distributions are not.

To prevent S corporations and their shareholders from avoiding payroll taxes by maximizing distributions and minimizing compensation payments, the IRS requires S corporations to pay shareholders who provide substantial services reasonable compensation.

Disputes between the IRS and taxpayers have required courts to determine on a regular basis whether an S corporation has paid reasonable compensation to its shareholder(s). Two recent district court cases provide a framework that advisers can use to determine whether the IRS and the courts will consider a shareholder’s compensation reasonable.¹
    What is reasonable compensation in the Bay Area is quite different than what is reasonable in Modoc County, and vastly different than what is reasonable in Texas. Quite simply put, I cannot avoid payroll taxes, Allan is and can. Interestingly small unincorporated contractors like Kevin not only avoid payroll taxes on themselves by not being corporations but by doing the work themselves they can avoid payroll taxes altogether.

¹ http://www.aicpa.org/publications/ta...i_aug2011.aspx
    .... in order to prevent our being swamped with incompetence. It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind....Three generations of imbeciles are enough. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. Buck v. Bell, 274 U.S. 200, 207 (1927) (endorsing Virginia's eugenics program).

Or, more correctly, there are 9 circuits and 50+ states. Risks and rewards.

Think of poor Jerry...
    “I find the curiosity of our men with respect to this animal is pretty much satisfied.”
    ~ Meriwether Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CASHCOW View Post
    They put all this math and meters to builds to determine an outcome, don't people matter? All the design work I have done human factors are involved. If you look at test results by ICNIRP,

"A 1 degree increase in mean radiant temperature(MRT) has a 40% greater effect on the body heat loss than one degree change in air temperature. Or, space air temperature for the same feeling of comfort (70F) for each 1F increase in MRT the space air can be reduced 1.4F...notice a MRT of 75 F and air temperature of 63F will produce the feeling of comfort as a 70F mrt and 70 air. You can read all about the human body science on net.

I guess they don't get long enough periods of sun on a cold days to feel warm radiant heat, lower air temps, produce an invigorating, fresher, less stuffy, feeling. Other test have shown the ability to work, think better, at lower air temps from radiant heat. The envelope of a house can be a great free source of solar passive heat, breathable hygroscopic mass takes down cooling loads and maintains relative humidity for healthy eyes and skin. We can learn alot from the human body, likes the skins ability to resist water but yet perspire to get rid of moisture, dry it out with radiant heat from the sun or other internal source if a barrier is not in the way.
    Here let me help you all out and Chad the moderator, this above is "Building Science" the rest belongs in the finance section or perhaps "Building Political Science" new section...It's not THAT hard to see the difference :)

I vote for Dick as the new mod that understand this. :)
    Last edited by CASHCOW; 03-06-2015 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Terry Portier
    Design-Build Engineer, Building Scientist,
    Real Estate Investor
    Paramount Construction, LLC
    P.O. Box 8109
    Wichita, KS
    Ph #: 316-644-9941
    Fax: 800-557-8956
    Email: Terrylport@gmail.com
    Latest Blog: http://paramounttimbers.blogspot.com/

Hey Dick, our recent $6 mill build profits are nice and no tax in the midewest...for companies that provide jobs like us not welfare checks.

Terry Portier
    Engineer and Natural Building Scientist, Real Estate Investor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CASHCOW; 03-06-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    Terry Portier
    Real Estate Investor
    P.O. Box 8109
    Wichita, KS

Its twice that size but the pics won't post, oh well! I'm working on a company blog of the build perhaps I'll share it soon. Explains it all in detail, SIPs wrap on Traditional Timber joints. All wood pins/dowls no metal, midwest, Nebraska style, traditional, the maker of the "Load Bearing Wall" !!

post and beam could maybe a strawbale wrap do better that SIPs toxic crap! Old school?

thats right some states give tax breaks to construction companies that support their local economy, imagine that Cali.
    Last edited by CASHCOW; 03-06-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    Terry Portier
    Real Estate Investor
    P.O. Box 8109
    Wichita, KS