Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Who makes a 1 ton coil and matched condenser ?

I need to add AC to a 650 SF space and am trying to find a 1 ton cooling coil and matching condenser, does anyone know if these are still made and if so by who?

The space already has duct work and the client does not want a mini split mounted on the wall so that is not an option.

There are lots of 1.5 ton units by I'm concerning it will be two much for 650 SF.

-Jud

Default Re: Who makes a 1 ton coil and matched condenser ?

Jud - you can duct a ASHP - we've done it a couple of times.

"Still made"? Does that mean they used to make 1 ton units?

Client does not want mini split mounted on wall, so how about a ducted min split?
    http://www.highseer.com/ducted-inver...p-ryb012g.html

Dan-

ASHP not sure what that is, I'm assuming a heat pump of some type?

Johnny-
    Yes, they used to make 1 ton units, but mini splits seem to have knocked them out of the market. That pioneer unit, have you ever tied one into existing duct work?

Hey Jud - Air Source Heat Pump - mini-split, etc. I don't think the model is terribly important - I think you can connect any compressor to an inside fan unit and then into existing ductwork. But I'm hardly an expert.

I'm currently in the design stage to install a Fujitsu ducted mini-split. It is for a 685sf apartment.

The issue that I'm having though is finding someone to design the ductwork. The external static pressure of the unit is a low 0.35" of water. That's quite low so great duct design is imperative.

I paid a designer already and have looked over his work and twice now have found issues. I know enough about HVAC to see them. Unfortunately, I can no longer count on this guy. He seems a little put off by my questioning of his work but he admits that I am finding issues.

Mitsubishi makes a ducted mini-split but its external static pressure is 0.20" of water. That is real low and probably only suited for very very short duct runs.

The Fujitsu has a higher SEER, higher static pressure, a higher heating capacity, can be mounted horizontally or vertically, and one or two other advantages.

The Mitsu is the SEZ-KD/SUZ-KA model but Mitsu doesn't seem to have a cut sheet for it.
    I've attached the Fujitsu sheet. I'll be using the 9,000k
    Attached Files Attached Files

Eddie-
    Thanks for the info. We ended up using a 1.5 ton unit and without alot of trouble was able to re-configure the duct work so it covers about a 1000 SF instead of the 650 we originally were planning to cover. But it is good to know about this for the future. -Jud