Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ram Board

Default Ram Board

Check your local HD and Lowes, some of them in my area started stocking it. Very handy if you need it quickly.

Default Re: Ram Board

Been using it & re-using it for years... Takes a beating too. If anyone is interested ram board can set up to print company logo etc on rolls too, like the lumber yards do, just have to buy in pallet quantity...
    Jonathan70

EPA Certified Firm NAT-25077-1
    RRP CERT#: R-I-18329-09-00419

You are only as Valuable as You consider Yourself!

You can pay me now or you can pay me more to fix what was done wrong by others later!

Our local HD used to have it, but quit selling it a few years ago. Now I have to get it from Fastenal and it is about $80 roll there with shipping.

I always thought temporary protection would be a good little business in commercial construction.

You could re-use the stuff, have guys that know all the speed tricks getting it down. Charge for damaged stock and credit for re-suable stock, etc.

High margins and low under the radar.
    "First we finish the game, then we’ll deal with the Armada!"

Sir Frances Drake

Several places carry around here- prices from about $60-$80 roll. Sherwin williams has been most reliable supplier. They also carry a "homeowner" line of ram board brand that is just thinner material in a shorter roll for a higher linear foot price.

The piece of mind of using it is awesome, plus all the customers love seeing it.
    Josh O.

"If people knew how hard I worked to achieve my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all. "

- Michelangelo-

I just today pulled up some Ram board that was down for over a year. It was protecting the carpet in my bedroom while I renovated the adjacent master bath. Project started and stopped a few times as paying work got in the way. The top of the board was beat to hell but the underside looked brand new. Carpet was a little flat but otherwise in perfect shape. I used a few cap nails in strategic spots to hold it in place but mostly it was just laid out and taped to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbrewers View Post
    Our local HD used to have it, but quit selling it a few years ago. Now I have to get it from Fastenal and it is about $80 roll there with shipping.
    I had HD UPS it directly to me a few months ago. They only charged me $5 or $10, I think, for shipping. Sure beat Fastenal's price.

Ordered it online.

according to Ramboard, fastenal was the closest "stocking dealer" When I called them, they said they didn't have any and could get it the next day. Then he called me a couple hours later and said that the warehouse doesn't have any, and they would ship it to my closest one in 3 days.

I was a little surprised (and pissed) when I picked it up, that they were $10 or so higher than anywhere else, plus they made me pay $25 or so shipping. I gave the guy hell, but I needed it. Sucked coming from a place that supposedly stocked it.

I like the stuff but do need to install more of it to learn a few better ways to install it. I know it comes in a roll but the memory it has makes it a little aggravating to lay out by yourself or it did to me. I found my self getting the tool bags and other stuff out to hold it down as I was laying it out. But once it was down and taped together it held up pretty well. Does get a little fuzzy over time but I used it for about a month in a bathroom where we were protecting some flooring.

On a different subject I have all but given up on Fastenall. It seems that just about anything I want is we will have to have it shipped in or they are just higher on what they have. I just sometimes get caught and need a special fastener of some sort and it gets aggravating to not be able to get something I consider pretty basic such as some RedHeads or drop in anchors. I will admit that I have only tried one or two of the locations so maybe some are better than others but the two I have tried I end up looking thru the catalog and having to order stuff. And knowing that they are getting a truck of stuff that gets shuffled out of a central warehouse and charging me for shipping has always rankled me. Seems if they are bringing supplies to the locations they ought to be able to toss my stuff on there and just bring it with them.

Hey tsbrewers, I bought 4 rolls of Ramboard less than a yr ago from HD on-line. 54.77/roll ( big rolls) with free delivery to my shop. I'm on the N shore so like the end of the road.

Best deal I could find. Good Luck, Doug

Holy cow, Doug, people actually live on the N shore? That's gotta be colder than Duluth. End of the road alright. End of the thermometer too.