Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Senco 18 ga nailer

My 10 yr old Senco finish pro 18 brad nailer (made in Taiwan) finally died. A while ago it started firing a nail every time the air hose was connected and now it is just blowing air. Repair kits seem to have been discontinued. Up until recently it has been bullet proof.

So my question is: is it worth repairing or buy a new one ? If new, what brand ?

Bruce
    Bruce B.

If it takes me twice as long to build something, does that make it "Half Fast" ?

Default Re: Senco 18 ga nailer

Bruce
    A quick Google search shows many places selling the rebuilding kits.
    That gun is one of the better guns in terms of feel and performance. I would try my best to have it fixed. That gun is my go to 18g unless I need to shoot a nail longer than the 1 5/8". I did need to shoot longer 18g on a job and picked up a Cadex but I much prefer the Senco.
    Bill T

repair kit is around $20, I'd fix it.

If you want to be a Green Contractor and present yourself to your customers as an environmentally conscientious person by reducing the use of raw materials, recycling and saving all unused material with intentions to use on your next project, repair everything and purchase used when you can, then by all means repair that tool and keep it in service.

But if you're like me, throw the piece of junk out and buy a new one.
    Gary

I'm going to try fixing it first. Rebuild kit with shipping is about $32. (when it started acting up intermittently a few months ago I checked on line and could have sworn kit was discontinued. guess I need new glasses !) I don't have much faith in the new stuff unless you want to spend big $$$.
    Bruce B.

If it takes me twice as long to build something, does that make it "Half Fast" ?

Installed the rebuild kit the other day. Works like new again. Kit came with O-rings, a lot of new parts including trigger/firing valve and a small "wrench" to install it. Took about an hour but could easily cut that time in half if doing more than one. Hopefully will be good for another 5-10 years !
    Bruce B.

i have rebuilt a few .I believe everytime was when tool had been in unuse for a time .meaning the need for a kit doesn't effect life of the tool .