Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Screened in porch systems

Anybody have any recommendations for a good quality, straight forward screen system? This is for a higher end, more modern looking porch addition. Clean lines, probably aluminum frame. The openings would be 8' tall x 10' wide. There seem to be a million different systems out there, just hoping you guys could help narrow it down. Thanks.

Default Re: Screened in porch systems

You want to use www.screeneze.com
    We used the BetterVue screen for best viewing. This system is so easy its not funny. You can get white or brown trim for the screen tightner.
    You can do some pretty big areas with this system. We did a very large screen porch last year and the customers love it. And if you need to repair a section its very easy. This system saves on time, wont break the bank and is builder friendly to work with.

I used www.screentight.com product. Heavy duty aluminum frame which some may find objectionable. I did not.

It was not really too hard to work with except for installing the screens. They get installed with a round bulb like most storm window screens have in them. The trouble we had was getting the screen to stretch and stay straight on the large openings which were 4 ft high by 8 ft long. Plus we did order some heavy duty screen because of the pets.

My customer looked at the screeneze system and was scared off by the vinyl snap on cover. She was afraid of it either yellowing over time or when you had to replace a screen the stuff being brittle and then you no longer can take it apart and use it again. I have no experience with it but that was her concern so we went with the other system.

The only other thing I can tell you about the system we used is that you better make sure you order enough of everything and maybe an extra piece or two. We had some that had come in damaged from shipping damage so it held us up for a few days of getting the replacement pieces in. And if you miscut a piece then you could be in trouble without some extra materials.

I used screeneze last spring after seeing it on a friend's porch. Looks good.

I don't think you'll have the stretch problems with it, Beez. I did 5x5 sections, and didn't have problems. It stretches itself as you put on the vinyl cap.

My friend has had theirs several years - still looks fresh and new.

Another vote for Screeneze.

Tom

Awesome. Thanks guys, sounds like Screeneze is the way....

Greg