Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bessey clamp

Default Bessey clamp

http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-XCRU5-R.../dp/B0012YOC2K

Broke one of these the other day. I was giving it firm hand pressure, not as hard as I could. I'll bet at least 90% of the guys on these fora have stronger hands than I do. Is Bessey quality falling? This is the kind of performance I would expect from something like Harbor Freight.

Default Re: Bessey clamp

Was at a big box store today and looked as some bessey clamps, small ratcheting one and the quality just didn't seem like it would hold up for the amount of use it would take. The larger clamps seemed well made though.......

Was at a big box store today and looked as some bessey clamps, small ratcheting one and the quality just didn't seem like it would hold up for the amount of use it would take. The larger clamps seemed well made though.......

Is it a surprise that most of these are made in china???? Scrap metal in....mystery metal out. Who knows what you get in one of those pieces.

I've seen new Irwin machinist's vises at scrap yard with hardly a scratch on the paint but the casting fractured from over torquing the screw of that chinese crap. And no, I don't blame the chinese, I blame the holding companies in the USA that have allowed their minions to endorse the manufacturing of this crap.
    "ALS IK KAN" - Stickley

I bought some at woodcraft a while back. Total junk, they are all in the trash now. Bolt fell out, plastic broke, etc.

Too bad, I love my many other besseys
    Josh O.

"If people knew how hard I worked to achieve my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all. "

- Michelangelo-

Not all tools sold at the stores are made for professional use.
    Al