Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brad nailers

Default Re: brad nailers

I'm loving the Grex Green Buddy also. It's just a superior tool, and priced accordingly. Over the several years I'll have it, though, the extra $100 will be well worth it if only for the pleasure of picking it up many times a day instead of a cheapie.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I'm loving the Grex Green Buddy also. It's just a superior tool, and priced accordingly. Over the several years I'll have it, though, the extra $100 will be well worth it if only for the pleasure of picking it up many times a day instead of a cheapie.
    I thought the same thing with my cadex pinner, until after about 500 pins the o-ring on the driver needed to be replaced.

Right now I decided to throw the ridgid nailer in the van, and keep the Milwaukee in the shop. The Milwaukee has a slight leak that sucked down the little Thomas too quick on the job, but barely puts a dent in the Quincy in the shop. When I dumped a bunch of oil in it it seems to help too. even though it is an oiless gun, figured what did I have to lose?

If I like the ridgid, I will probably just pick up another sometime. The idea of it's warranty is appealing.

I've had the same problem with my Cadex 23. After much research and experimentation, I've determined that I was using WAY too much oil in it, and the o-ring suffered. I now only oil it about every 5th use, and sparingly at that. Still, it's an awfully expensive gun to have such a weak point.

I think the Grex is a little more robust, or at least I hope so. Time will tell. The 21 gauge Cadex that pretty much replaced the 23 has been through a lot more pins and is still working perfectly--I've been using a lot less oil in it, too.