Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Finished Cabinet Door Source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Cabinet Door Source

Does anybody have a current prefinished cabinet door supplier that they are happy with? I am currently looking around. I've gone the Walzcraft route in the past, but am looking for other options.

Thanks,
    David

Re: Finished Cabinet Door Source

David,

Decorative Specialties has worked well for me on a couple jobs.

- Kit
    www.northparkwoodworks.com

Comment

Have you tried Keystone?

I once did a string of jobs and used Walzcraft for all of them, and found them OK. Nice quality, but the order process seemed tedious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by vanderpooch View Post
        David,

Decorative Specialties has worked well for me on a couple jobs.

- Kit
        How do you regard the quality of the finish on their doors? I set up and account there a while ago but haven't ordered any samples yet (they charge quite a bit for finish sample sets). It's my understanding that they use waterborne finishes on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by IamTheWalrus View Post
          Have you tried Keystone?

I once did a string of jobs and used Walzcraft for all of them, and found them OK. Nice quality, but the order process seemed tedious to me.
          I beleive I ordered a Keystone Catalog and priced them out years ago, I seem to remember they were pretty pricey. How would you compare their price and quality to Walzcraft?

Comment

When you say "prefinished" doors, do you mean painted, stained or just clearcoated?

I'm curious (for those of you who do this) how you match the finish between the doors and boxes.

Comment

Believe it or not if your door sizes conform to the stock cabinet widths Ikea has cabinet doors. You have to dig deep into the order process to find the styles and sizes though.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...2711#/00022709

All of the doors are pre-bored for Blum hinges and set up for frameless cabinets. They glass doors, painted doors and numerous finishes.

I have used these for small projects and if you are lucky enough to live nearby their returns are quite liberal
              Richard Parker
              Houston TX

Comment

Originally posted by dgbldr View Post
                When you say "prefinished" doors, do you mean painted, stained or just clearcoated?

I'm curious (for those of you who do this) how you match the finish between the doors and boxes.
                Painted, stained, or clear coated, but never trying to match the factory color to material on site. What I have done in the past (dozens of kitchens) is order custom euro casework from Alpha Cabinet in Utah, and pre-finished doors, trim, end panels, etc from a cabinet door manufacturer. The only color match I've had to do is edge banding on the euro cases. Never tried it with face frame cabinets.

Comment

Here in Oregon I use design craft door in Clackamas. I like their finish and their willingness to help. their is also cabdoor.com they are in salem and ship all over the west coast but their prefinish program has a steep setup fee. Good luck!!
                  Jamie
                  Originally posted by David S View Post
                  Does anybody have a current prefinished cabinet door supplier that they are happy with? I am currently looking around. I've gone the Walzcraft route in the past, but am looking for other options.

Thanks,
                  David

Comment

Sorry David, I missed your reply. I have only used their doors unfinished (Alder with a plywood panel), but they were pretty well sanded and square. I had them painted to match on the job. They do offer all kinds of finishing options, though.

- Kit
                    www.northparkwoodworks.com

Comment

Working...
                    X