Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Sketchup, concept to completeion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup, concept to completeion

Hi,
    I have been playing around with sketchup for a little over a year now. It is a great tool to have even though I still have a lot to learn on it. I'm not sure if anyone has done this before but I thought it would be cool to start a thread of projects that we have done that started out as a Sketchup drawing and has been completed. I hope everyone who uses skethup can contribute to this thread. I will start it off with a couple of built ins that I just finished up. Please forgive the lousy photgraphy, these are the better pictures of the ones I took.

Steve
    Attached Files

Re: Sketchup, concept to completeion

Here is one more

Steve

mulderdeskandfireplace.skp11-16-12 048 (480x640).jpg

Comment

Steve good thread idea. You work is very nice, very impressive.
      ~Kent~

Comment

Good thread idea. Any way you guys can post an image from your sketchup drawing alongside the project pic?
        Jay
        http://www.CraftsmenCarpentry.com
        http://PremierBasements.com/

Comment

Here's a picture #1: drawing (to scale) superimposed over the original photo of the space, the drawing by it self #2 and the final cabinet installed #3.

LakerCabinet.jpgLakerCabinetDr.jpgLakerCabSm.jpg
          Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.
          Andy Warhol

Comment

thanks for posting Timraleigh! I am a big fan of the black toe kick look. I also like how the upper shelves tie into the walls with no noticeable supports. Nice work!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by daigie View Post
              I am a big fan of the black toe kick look.
              Just some black melamine shelving stock from HD over the plywood ladder base

Originally posted by daigie View Post
              I also like how the upper shelves tie into the walls with no noticeable supports. Nice work!

Steve
              The upper shelves are 1.5"thick - 1/4" MDF skined hollow core panels with matching HPL on two sides fixed to the wall 3 sides with cleats bolted to the wall with toggler toggle bolts.
              Thanks.
              Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.
              Andy Warhol

Comment

Good stuff, Tim, thanks.
                Jay
                http://www.CraftsmenCarpentry.com
                http://PremierBasements.com/

Comment

Here is one that I finished up last month.The usual sorry for the quality of picture from my phone, was moving and the camera was all packed, which reminds me to call the client and ask if they could take a few photos for me.vasic built-in 2.pdfIMG_0980.jpg

Comment

Steve, I use sketchup on almost every project. Here is one recently completed. I will see if I can post more.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Steve, Another conception drawing and completion photo

Chuck
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another project using sketchup

Chuck
                        Attached Files

Comment

My kitchen, from planning to completion (well, almost--the brackets supporting the countertop are temporary--still working out the design), etc. With a lot of help from Todd.

Gary
                          Rough-Kitchen.jpgKitchen-Cabinets.jpgArticle-Cabinet-Drawing-gk1.jpgIMG_0627.jpgIMG_0628.jpg

Comment

Nice thread.

Some of these pairs would make a great single photo by combining them. Irfanview(free) makes it very easy to combine them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Katz View Post
                              My kitchen, from planning to completion (well, almost--the brackets supporting the countertop are temporary--still working out the design), etc.
                              We are doing a very similar raised bar top using 2-1/2" concrete. We made some steel angle brackets and attached 8 of them to the framed wall to support the concrete. In another one application we actually used steel posts with welded supports and a steel plate attached to carry the weight of the stone top.

Structural Steel Counter-2.JPGStructural Steel Counter-1.jpgStructural Steel Counter.jpg
                              ============================================

[url=http://twitter.com/Allan_Edwards]Twitter[/url]

[url=http://houzz.com/pro/allan]Houzz[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X