10-01-2012, 07:42 AM #1Veteran Contributor
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Central New Jersey
Need a UL Listed design for a 1 hour fire rated load bearing exterior wall assembly
Does anyone have a UL listed and tested design for a 1 hour load bearing exterior wall assembly?
We were looking to build the following or something similar;
1) 2x6 studs, 12" or 16" OC (this will depend on the loading of the second floor)
2) 2"-3" of Closed Cell Spray insulation applied to the exterior sheathing
3) Balance of stud cavity filled with spray applied cellulose fiber
4) Use Zip wall for the exterior sheathing
5) 5/8" Densglass (or if they make an exterior Type X Gyp Bd, have to research that)
6) House wrap for WRB
7)3/4" Lathing or strapping run horz. for the exterior siding
8) Vertical 3/4" Rough sawn wood siding on the exterior
9) 5/8" Type X Gyp board on interior
10) 3/4" rough sawn wood on the interior. ( may need 3/4" wood lath or strapping if the wood is applied vertically)
This is for a commercial structure, almost on the lot line in Vermont, for an A2 and M use.
Any help will be appreciated.
10-01-2012, 03:36 PM #2Veteran Contributor
- Join Date
- Aug 2004
- Fort Worth, Texas 76109
Re: Need a UL Listed design for a 1 hour fire rated load bearing exterior wall assem
I don't remember off hand the exact web sites, but go to the American Plywood Association and U. S. Gypsum. It's been awhile, but IIRC they have details of multiple assemblies that are U.L. approved for various ratings.