Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Mirado Black Warrior No. 2.5 Pencils

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirado Black Warrior No. 2.5 Pencils

I'm almost out of Mirado Black Warrior No. 2.5 pencils and no one seems to sell them anymore.

What happened???

Can anyone recommend a good alternative?
    Joe Adams
    Deep Creek Builders, Inc.
    Houston, Texas

Re: Mirado Black Warrior No. 2.5 Pencils

It looks like they discontinued them but several suppliers are selling stock still on hand. Better buy them up now.

Comment

That's the best pencil in the world!..oh no!

I used to get them at the local art store but use lumberyard pencils now.
      Portland Renovations, Inc.
      www.portlandrenovations.com

Comment

They're listed on Amazon. I use Dixon #3's from Staples.

Comment

Lee Valley has a pretty good selection of pencils.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...936,43509&ap=1

Comment

Black Warrior pencils are very good but are hard to find. As good as they are they were even better back in the 80's when they were made by Berol. I still have some old ones (Berol BW #372) and save them for use in a compass.

I have switched to Pentel mechanical pencils. .5mm for writing, skeching and cabinet work, .7 for carpentry work. It takes a while to get the feel for them so your'e not always breaking the leads (HB grade)
            Bruce B.

If it takes me twice as long to build something, does that make it "Half Fast" ?

Comment

I have not been able to locate a seller with any remaining stock. If you run across any, please let me know.

For what it's worth, I contacted PaperMate and their reply was as follows:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your Mirado Black Warrior Pencil. We appreciate you taking the time to further discuss your experience with our product. Your feedback is important to us, as it helps us to learn more about potential challenges so we can provide you with high quality, performance driven products.

Unfortunately, we no longer manufacture Mirado Black Warrior Pencil in the # 2.5. We do, however, make Mirado Classic Pencil in the #2.5 that has many of the characteristics of the Mirado Black Warrior Pencil.

We are continually evaluating and improving the products we offer to deliver the highest quality, best performing brands available today. Your continued interest in Mirado Black Warrior Pencil will be communicated to our marketing department.
              Joe Adams
              Houston, Texas

Comment

I've found these to be a fantastic pencil. Leaves a very visible mark. http://www.generalpencil.com/index.c...s&productid=21

Most companies are farming out their products to China or Mexico, but General Pencil Co. is still true and blue since the 1889.
                Gary

Comment

https://www.nymsco.com/catalog_items/18161
                  SteveC
                  The improbable takes time, the impossible takes a little longer.

Comment

I've really started liking the Dixon Ticonderoga SenseMatics. Non-mechanical mechanical pencil. http://www.amazon.com/Dixon-Ticonder...rds=sensematic
                    "Criticism comes easier than craftsmanship." - Zeuxis, 400 B.C.

Comment

Amazon.com claims to have them in stock (the 2.5)

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Mate-Mir...arrior+pencils

Comment

I dunno what happened.

When I copied the web page it was for Mirado Black Warrior 2.5.

When I clicked on the link, following posting ... another pencil is showing. Mirado 2.5, as opposed to the Mirado Black Warrior 2.5.

Musta been something I smoked, back in the seventies.

Comment

Thanks but there is not an "add to cart button" as far as I can tell.

I've found these still listed on lots of websites but no one seems to actually have any available.
                          Joe Adams
                          Houston, Texas

Comment

You should buy the pencils for sell at thisiscarpentry.com, cool factor on a pencil with a thicker lead. You can thank me later...

Comment

Yeah...really. And the erasers are top-notch, too.
                              Brice, try the.9 mechanical pencils. The lead doesn't break nearly as often. They lines are just a little bit thicker.
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X