Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Contracts to build us roads and bridges go to chinese firms

CONTRACTS TO BUILD US ROADS AND BRIDGES GO TO CHINESE FIRMS

So the Statist always asks… “Who will build our roads without government?” Well, our government says its China’s job to build American roads. While I would have no issue with a private firm using offshore companies to build our roads… why exactly do we need government to do everything? We really could have used those jobs here. We are paying China, with money we borrowed from China to build our roads. And producing no jobs.. Which is no shocker, government never produces jobs. Its all so Illogical! 3000 jobs lost on just one bridge, given to Chinese workers instead of American workers suffering here at home. This is your tax dollars at work.

Watch the video from ABC'S BRING AMERICA BACK here:

http://thestoryoflibertyblog.com/201...chinese-firms/
    It is a simple matter of being patient. I do patience very well, except for the waiting part. That's the one aspect of patience that still bites me.

I'm not saying I'm Superman. What I'm saying is no one has ever seen me and Superman in the same room together.

ParkWest Homes LLC
    Working Man Online Store
    Living Healthy

Default Re: Contracts to build us roads and bridges go to chinese firms

This is really unbelievable. We don't have any welders?? The incompetence of the federal government is breath taking. Yeah and we should let them manage our healthcare.
    ~Kent~

Everyone on this forum should email there congressman and and senator with a link to this and ask them WTF are they doing. This is absurd.
    ~Kent~

Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, Washington

American consumers seem quite content to send vast sums to China for the products they buy. How does this bridge contract compare to that in dollar value? And, maybe the bridge will be cheaper (i.e. lower taxes) if built this way. Isn't that what a lot of people want? We do have a budget deficit, after all.
    Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
    Website - Facebook

I agree David, it seems exactly the same as buying Chinese made products. If it can be exported, export it. Fortunately for us nobody has figured out how to outsource residential construction to the Chinese (yet).

Seems like small-government conservatives should be applauding the Feds for getting the bridge at the lowest cost to taxpayers... if that's what they did. I didn't read the link, I thought the mass media was not to be trusted so I didn't want to taint myself.
    Website - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mike maines View Post
    I agree David, it seems exactly the same as buying Chinese made products. If it can be exported, export it. Fortunately for us nobody has figured out how to outsource residential construction to the Chinese (yet).
    I guess you missed the article where the gov't hired Chinese contractors to build "affordable" housing... I don't recall the city off the top of my head... but it was to be built in CA.
    It is a simple matter of being patient. I do patience very well, except for the waiting part. That's the one aspect of patience that still bites me.

I'm not saying I'm Superman. What I'm saying is no one has ever seen me and Superman in the same room together.

ParkWest Homes LLC
    Working Man Online Store
    Living Healthy

I did miss that article. I'll revise my statement to say "residential remodeling." THAT would be hard to export. Except to illegal immigrants....

They have been working on the bridges for almost a year straight here. I have to cross the river nearly everyday so I've been watching the process. It really interests me. All the safety, equipment, manpower, working 24/7.

We are doomed though. Everyone here wants a SUV and a desk job.
    Louisville Exteriors
    Professional Installers of:
    Siding | Replacement Windows | Roofing | Hand Rails | Gutters | And More!

Quote Originally Posted by mike maines View Post
    I did miss that article. I'll revise my statement to say "residential remodeling." THAT would be hard to export. Except to illegal immigrants....
    That has me thinking of the advantages of becoming an expatriate and come back and use the gov't system to my advantage to start a company here but owned by a foreign entity. I guess a good place to start is finding out how to get 7 years of tax exemption...

ParkWest Homes LLC
    Working Man Online Store
    Living Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by parkwest View Post
    That has me thinking of the advantages of becoming an expatriate and come back and use the gov't system to my advantage to start a company here but owned by a foreign entity. I guess a good place to start is finding out how to get 7 years of tax exemption...
    Racist swine!
    Oh....I meant...good idea!

Well it looks like MA got something right.

My father in law is one of the top concrete subs in the area (MA, RI, CT and NH) and works almost exclusively on bridges.

There are no Chinese firms, only one Dutch GC.
    "First we finish the game, then we’ll deal with the Armada!"

Sir Frances Drake

Quote Originally Posted by J.Buesking View Post
    We are doomed though. Everyone here wants a SUV and a desk job.
    Well, most are doomed. Not us. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to make $225 hr laboring. Get all buff and tan, all I need is a hammer. The chicks will think I'm hot.

All the bankers, lawyers and suits in the high tech fields will be below the poverty level. I might hire one or two to spread loam or something.
    "First we finish the game, then we’ll deal with the Armada!"

Sir Frances Drake

Website - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by David Meiland View Post
    Seems like small-government conservatives should be applauding the Feds for getting the bridge at the lowest cost to taxpayers... if that's what they did. I didn't read the link, I thought the mass media was not to be trusted so I didn't want to taint myself.

David, I take it you don't partake in bridge construction? I'd like to get your opinion when the Chicoms start biding against your line of work. If you watch the video you'll see the California bureaucrat claiming the United States doesn't have enough welders and that is why they hired the Chicoms. Really no welders here?? What's the unemployment rate in California these days, 11%?

I'm sure the work is inspected but the Chinese stuff sucks. I'd rather have Americans build our roads and bridges thank you.
    ~Kent~