Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Air Compressor made in USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Compressor made in USA

If any of you guys are looking for a compressor these seem nice and are made in the USA. Actually in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. They claim everything is US made that's on the units. The one I am using is the single tank hand carry. It's also very quiet...similar to the Mak 700.

http://www.jaircompressors.com/
    ~Kent~

Re: Air Compressor made in USA

I've heard good things about this one.

www.jennyproductsinc.com

Comment

Kent, your model appears to be somewhat lighter weight and also lower output than the MAK700. What's the street price?

Comment

Originally posted by dgbldr View Post
        Kent, your model appears to be somewhat lighter weight and also lower output than the MAK700. What's the street price?
        DG, the contractor I'm subbing for just picked it up because he needed a compressor that Gould run on a 15 amp circuit. He said he paid $250.00 for it. It would be good for light framing, trim etc. it would have trouble keeping up with a big framing crew or a roofer. For remodeling or trim it would be perfect. Its quiet too.
        ~Kent~

Comment

that gauge looks like it would get knocked-off the fisrt day!
          Attached Files

Comment

I am really happy with www.rolair.com
            Super quiet and portable. Wisconsin is American enough for me. ;)
            Jesse Wright
            www.archmolding.net
            www.jessewrightdesign.com
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archit...27731683955342

Comment

Originally posted by newman View Post
              And the guage on the regulator should be angled up so you don't have to lie on the floor to read it!

Comment

Good point! It is sticking out there like a sore....
                Last edited by Kent Brobeck; 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM.
                ~Kent~

Comment

Originally posted by archmolding View Post
                  I am really happy with www.rolair.com
                  Super quiet and portable. Wisconsin is American enough for me. ;)
                  Jesse, which model are you running? They do look nice.
                  ~Kent~

Comment

I've got the 8gal 1.5hp Jenny I run when I'm framing or other times I need a good bit of air. I really like the compressor. She's super quite and keeps up just great.

The Jennies are old Emglo clones. Some of the parts on my Jenny are the same as the ones on the Emglo my old man bought in 1978. That compressor still runs and built a lot of homes. I'm pretty confident in my Jenny lasting a while too.
                    -Nate
                    Eldon Builders on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eldon-...02809066463063

Comment

Originally posted by Nate E View Post
                      I've got the 8gal 1.5hp Jenny I run when I'm framing or other times I need a good bit of air. I really like the compressor. She's super quite and keeps up just great.

The Jennies are old Emglo clones. Some of the parts on my Jenny are the same as the ones on the Emglo my old man bought in 1978. That compressor still runs and built a lot of homes. I'm pretty confident in my Jenny lasting a while too.
                      -Nate
                      Yep Nate, the Jenny compressor are the Emglo guys. After DeWalt bought them out they had a no compete for a period of years that has since run out. I've got and Emglo that is 16 + and it runs like the day I bought it...great tools.

I bought one of the little DeWalt compressors(oilless) a few years back and the damn thing lives in the service center, junk.
                      ~Kent~

Comment

one thing's for sure - after having a QUIET compressor, no way I can work with one of those LOUD Porter-Cable pancake jobs...

Comment

Kent,
                          I'm running the JC-10. It's just awesome. I bought it because I needed something quiet! And it delivered. Big time. Highly recommend. Also fills really fast, great when you need to air blow.
                          Jesse Wright
                          www.archmolding.net
                          www.jessewrightdesign.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archit...27731683955342

Comment

one thing's for sure - after having a QUIET compressor, no way I can work with one of those LOUD Porter-Cable pancake jobs...

Completely and totally agreed. Those things are murder on my ears. And the neighbors'. And THEIR neighbors'.
                            No brains, no headaches

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by slimpickens View Post
                              Completely and totally agreed. Those things are murder on my ears. And the neighbors'. And THEIR neighbors'.

I do keep the old noisy PC in the truck as back-up just in case. Say I'm working and the customer's got a dog that keeps coming around to supervise my work, getting under my feet, I fire up the old ompressor once, and the dog usually won't come back around... :)

Comment

Working...
                              X