Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default I love sara palin...

I just found Sara Palin's Alaska on Netflix and you can't help but love the lady. She is just brimming with positive energy.

The scenery is spectacular.

I don't agree with the child rearing philosophy too much though. Sara told her 16 year old daughter's boyfriend he wasn't allowed up the stairs... and the little bastard waited until Sara wasn't watching and then snuck up to the daughter's bedroom anyways.

When Sara discovers the boy is not waiting in the living room for her daughter to come down all she did was text her daughter to tell the boy to come back down.

Evidently she didn't learn much from Bristol...

Anyone see this show?
    It is a simple matter of being patient. I do patience very well, except for the waiting part. That's the one aspect of patience that still bites me.

I'm not saying I'm Superman. What I'm saying is no one has ever seen me and Superman in the same room together.

ParkWest Homes LLC
    Working Man Online Store
    Living Healthy

Default Re: I love sara palin...

Fake,fake,staged,fake.

You must be watching reruns as that was cancelled over a year ago. BTW do not forget the h.
    “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
    Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)

Quote Originally Posted by parkwest View Post
    I just found Sara Palin's Alaska on Netflix and you can't help but love the lady. She is just brimming with positive energy.

I don't agree with the child rearing philosophy too much though. Sara told her 16 year old daughter's boyfriend he wasn't allowed up the stairs... and the little bastard waited until Sara wasn't watching and then snuck up to the daughter's bedroom anyways.

When Sara discovers the boy is not waiting in the living room for her daughter to come down all she did was text her daughter to tell the boy to come back down.

Anyone see this show?

Wow, you are one easily entertained person.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon HI View Post
    Leon I also enjoyed that show and the scenery was really great.

I don't agree with the child rearing philosophy too much though. Sara told her 16 year old daughter's boyfriend he wasn't allowed up the stairs... and the little @#!*% waited until Sara wasn't watching and then snuck up to the daughter's bedroom anyways.

Anyone see this show?
    Didn't see the show, but Palin is what america needs. She is inspiring, inspite of her imperfection. DaveN is most likely right about that scene being staged, but Northup's real problem is Palin in general. Now, when such a leftist as Northup doesn't like Palin, that only speaks well about Palin.
    "I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also, that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    --Barry Goldwater AD 1964

Quote Originally Posted by davenorthup View Post
    Fake,fake,staged,fake.

You must be watching reruns as that was cancelled over a year ago. BTW do not forget the h.
    Seeing how this is coming from you, dave, I will take this as a flaming endorsement of Sara Palin. lol

How do you NOT love a woman who likes to hunt, fish, camp and obviously loves sex? Are all Alaskan kids born 9 months after winter?

What is "the h" anyways?
    Last edited by parkwest; 05-30-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    It is a simple matter of being patient. I do patience very well, except for the waiting part. That's the one aspect of patience that still bites me.

I'm not saying I'm Superman. What I'm saying is no one has ever seen me and Superman in the same room together.

ParkWest Homes LLC
    Working Man Online Store
    Living Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon HI View Post
    I must be, I'm on this forum, aren't I?

ParkWest Homes LLC
    Working Man Online Store
    Living Healthy

I'm not sure how she meshes her love of the wild Alaskan nature and her desire to drill in ANWR. Also, for someone who campaigned partially on the "Alaskan way of life", I was dumbfounded when her family couldn't figure out how to set up a tent.
    "American political opportunities are heavily loaded against those who are simultaneously intelligent and honest" --Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by JayNos View Post
    I'm not sure how she meshes her love of the wild Alaskan nature and her desire to drill in ANWR. Also, for someone who campaigned partially on the "Alaskan way of life", I was dumbfounded when her family couldn't figure out how to set up a tent.
    ANWR isn't anything special, there is very little there. The drilling tech is so advanced now, they can drill at angles to reach far away from the drilling rigs. The area where the drilling would take place was a very small area of ANWR, which is very large. It would be like placing a postage stamp in a parking lot. We should be respossibily drilling anywhere there is oil.

http://blog.heritage.org/2008/06/29/...th-about-anwr/

I doubt many in Ak use tents often. Winter is very long and the rest of the year isn't exactly warm. I've never slept in a tent in my life. Why sleep on ground when beds are so much nicer.
    Last edited by Hoover; 05-30-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post

I doubt many in Ak use tents often. Winter is very long and the rest of the year isn't exactly warm. I've never slept in a tent in my life. Why sleep on ground when beds are so much nicer.
    Tents keep you sheltered from the wind, rain and odd small animal / creepy crawly. It's the sleeping bag that keeps you warm and with a good ground roll can be every bit as comfortable as a bed. For an outdoorsman it's difficult to bring along a bed, they are awkward in the canoe, have to be carried sideways on portages and have to be made up with clean sheets and hospital corners to be comfy.

I've never seen this show but think carefully about the camera angles, the number of cameras and mikes necessary to get a shot and the number of people manning the cameras, lights, sound and support , then put yourself in the shoes of the young man.

Once you've thought all this through do you do you still think he was "sneaking" up to her room or was it staged for your benifit?

It's just like on the amazing race when someone takes a wrong turn and gets lost yet they are amazingly caught on 3 camera all shooting from different angles and not one of those shots got the other camera in their lense even though some of the shots were close ups with sound. Figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_k View Post
    I've never seen this show but think carefully about the camera angles, the number of cameras and mikes necessary to get a shot and the number of people manning the cameras, lights, sound and support , then put yourself in the shoes of the young man.

Once you've thought all this through do you do you still think he was "sneaking" up to her room or was it staged for your benifit?

It's just like on the amazing race when someone takes a wrong turn and gets lost yet they are amazingly caught on 3 camera all shooting from different angles and not one of those shots got the other camera in their lense even though some of the shots were close ups with sound. Figure that one out.
    There are very very few "reality" tv shows. There are a few such as cops, chasing classic cars (good show on collector cars), and a few others. But all the others are a grain of reality and 99% fake. Have people ever noticed how there is a conflict or drama in every episode? How about the credits for the show where a dozen writers are listed. Why would a "reality" show need a dozen writers? Other shows like survivor, they are carefully chosen casts. They have them undergo a psych exam (no joke). They purposely pick people who are combustible and they know who will flip on each other, etc. Then they also supply endless alcohol.

With respect to the Palin show. I've never seen it. I'd say something like that is probably 50% fake. It's obvious where things are fake. Anything that is drama is almost certainly fake. The survivor producer was the one who went to Palin with the concept. It was only intended to be a 1 season show based on the nature of Alaska. It was never going to be the Kardashian crap of season after season.

Guilty pleasure of mindless stupid reality tv? There are a few but the stupidest and most fake that is still somewhat entertaining is "billy the exterminator". Every show he messes with some trapped animal, gets bit, etc. all on purpose. That's probably where that idiot in NC got the idea of jumping on the back of a 10 ft alligator to catch it. If you have not seen it, google it. It didn't work out so well.

For the record most of the whole show is staged and fake. That is pretty much on par with all Alaskan reality shows.

People eat up what Hollywood sells; no matter how far from reality it strays. I am always amazed how gullible people are. There is one currently filming in my town that as asinine as Palin's PR stunt she did.

Hoover I know no Alaskan that can not outsmart a tent.
    Last edited by davenorthup; 05-30-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
    Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)

Hoover I know no Alaskan that can not outsmart a tent.
    Hmm, always thought you 'hardy' folks pitched cabins...
    “I find the curiosity of our men with respect to this animal is pretty much satisfied.”
    ~ Meriwether Lewis

I am always amazed how gullible people are.
    Ya, me too. Like those people that bought into Obama's crap. Now talk about gullible!
    "I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also, that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    --Barry Goldwater AD 1964