Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

insulated glass panels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insulated glass panels

Does anyone have a online source for insulated tempered glass panels? I am almost done building an exterior door and I need 12 panels at 7.5 inches x 13 inches. I can't seem to find anyone online.
    Thank you.
    Bill
    Bonetto's Carpentry
    Bill Bonetto
    Bonetto's Carpentry

Re: insulated glass panels

Order them at a glass or window supplier?
    Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
    Website - Facebook

Comment

Any competent glass company in your area can handle it. I'd feel much better than dealing with some one online...who knows what you'll get.
      ~Kent~

Comment

Absolutely all of the above, and living in central Jersey you should have numerous local sources for something like that.
        Gary

Comment

Try this place: http://www.bendheim.com/ if you don't have a more local shop.

Comment

I have ordered from this company: http://www.aiglass.com/

I was very happy with them - I sent them the templates for what we wanted.
            -Dan

Comment

I bet if you go to a local shop you'd be surprised and the availability and price.
              When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I'm know there are local shops in the area. I guess I was being a little cheap. I agree with Kent that you don't know what you'll get with an online purchase. I will be calling a local supplier tomorrow.
                Thanks for helping me see the light
                Bill
                Bonetto's Carpentry
                Bill Bonetto
                Bonetto's Carpentry

Comment

Check what their warranty is on seal failure. Quality control on fabrication of IG units is all over the place. On a lot of these, the seals break and the window will fog in only a few years.
                  "If you only have a hammer, all problems look like nails"

Vintage wood window repair and restoration in Chicago
                  Wood storm windows in Chicago
                  Weatherizing vintage buildings in Chicago

Comment

You're from central New Jersey, right? Get the glass lites from Jersey Tempered Glass, in Mt. Laurel.
                    Visit www.peercon.com

Comment

Dixonpeer, Summit is a great neighborhood. We have been installing some built-ins in a house on Lenox Rd. There are some beautiful homes up there and the town is awsome as well. It's a little north for us we are usually in the Red Bank, Rumson area.
                      thanks for the info
                      Bill
                      Bonetto's Carpentry
                      Bill Bonetto
                      Bonetto's Carpentry

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamBonetto View Post
                        Dixonpeer, Summit is a great neighborhood. We have been installing some built-ins in a house on Lenox Rd. There are some beautiful homes up there and the town is awsome as well. It's a little north for us we are usually in the Red Bank, Rumson area.
                        thanks for the info
                        Bill
                        Bonetto's Carpentry
                        So you're installing cabinets on the Zachary job? Eliza asked us to bid that, which we did, but it seems she was already hooked by Brandies Massilli (did I spell that right?). Kind of hard to bid against the architect that designed the job, who also is a builder. They have a thing about throwing the competition under the bus, and since they've been "selling" the client for about a year during the design process, they have a decided advantage.
                        Last edited by dixonpeer; 05-23-2012, 01:31 PM. Reason: additional information
                        Visit www.peercon.com

Comment

We have built two homes on Lenox Road over the years, and about forty or so more around town.
                          Visit www.peercon.com

Comment

Yes it is the Zachary house. We fiinished up a job for the architect in Basking Ridge last year. They asked us to do a few rooms. Nice house.
                            Bill Bonetto
                            Bonetto's Carpentry

Comment

Working...
                            X