Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Good Line Pumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Line Pumps

I live on an island with ferry service, it costs about $800 to get a pump truck out here. I'm thinking about buying a line pump to rent out, anybody have any strong recommendations? Or pumps to avoid? What size should I be looking at? The work out here is residential, 20- 30 yards is a good sized pour.

Re: Good Line Pumps

http://www.concreteconstruction.net/.../magazine.aspx

http://www.forconstructionpros.com/magazine/conc

The sites/magazines posted should get you into some solutions!

OH, yeah! Concrete Construction is also a Hanley Wood mag!!
    Take Care

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim...

Comment

Alan, does the concrete place over there have a pump? Seems like they are going to have a huge advantage over anyone new trying to sell pumping services. It costs a lot less than what you posted above to get a line pump over here, so I would expect your competition to just cut their price down if you go into business. The going rate won't be anywhere near $800/job if there are two players.
        Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
        Website - Facebook

Comment

Sorry, I meant it costs $800 to get a full size pump truck for a day - I don't know anyone who just brings out a line pump. The local concrete place does not have a working line pump.

Comment

Hi Alan:

Try here: http://www.concretepumpers.com/members

This should be the members list of the ACPA.

While pumping concrete is not rocket science, there are a few hard fast rules that MUST be followed to avoid daily nightmares. (Cleanliness is next to profitness). Stay away from grooved or victalic fittings for the lines.

There are quite a few good used pumps on the market right now, stick with Putzmeister, Schwing, and Olin. Newer Allentowns are OK..they
            re owned by Putz.

Do your research....ball valve bumps are limited on the size aggregate (3/8" or under) that can be used, rock valve and s-tubes can handle up to 1.5" or greater aggregate.

Line size is another limiting factor, the smaller the line, the smaller the aggregate and the less overall volume per hour. Rubber hose has approx. 3 times the flow resistance than a steel line which will reduce your pump distance.

Lots a variables that will affect your jobs.

Good Luck to you.

Comment

In So Cal there are alot of independent pumpers so the price is real low.
              Alot of nice homes with work around back so pumps are a must.
              I got spoiled using pumps out there. It's the way to go placing conctrete.
              Last edited by popawheelie; 05-14-2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X