Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Favorite iPhone case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite iPhone case?

I'm finally giving in a getting an iPhone - what kind of case do you guys like? An IT guy said he liked another brand much better than the otter box - can't remember what brand he was talking about. I was impressed that both he and a buddy tossed their old iPhones off a 2 story building onto concrete and both phones survived - the other case had no damage and the otter box protected phone did have a broken screen but worked fine - might be luck of the draw and either box would have cracked the screen, but I was sold that it's time for me to upgrade to a smart phone.

Thanks

Re: Favorite iPhone case?

Sedio makes awesome cases that do the same as otter box with out the bulk. Imho
    -Sal

Handyman - Flooring - Built-Ins & Custom Carpentry - Porch Renovation

Comment

Lifeproof- the best you can get;

http://www.lifeproof.com/

Tom
      Last edited by tjbnwi; 04-17-2012, 08:18 PM.
      http://chicagocraftsmen.org/2011/06/261.html

Check with the AHJ, what we say doesn't matter.

Comment

Lifeproof is the best, also get the dock extender if you use a speaker dock

George

Comment

I have the otter box (not the big bulky one) but got tired of my battery dying so I recently got a Mophie case. The mophie gives protection against being dropped but it is also a battery and it essentially doubles my battery life. They're normally about $100 but I found it on ebay for only $27.

Comment

Depends on what you do.

Really tough - otterbox. Not as tough, but still want a case - Grove Bamboo.

I've got a plain jane verizon one now that's so-so. Ordered a Grove, though. I'm on it in front of customers enough that I might as well highlight wood. Plus, you can have your logo done custom on it.

Comment

My brother bought the Mophie case for his iPhone 3gs and it more than doubled his life.

If you want bombproof get the lifeproof. $95.00
              http://www.amazon.com/LifeProof-iPho...4722404&sr=1-1
              If you're good with keeping phones clean get the Mophie with a screen protector. $61.89
              http://www.amazon.com/Mophie-Recharg...4722367&sr=8-1

If you want strong and decent price go for the otterbox Defender $27.50
              http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-Defen...p_ob_title_def
              -Dennis

Can someone PLEASE invent a sarcasm font!

Comment

Don. You will love the phone !! Glad they finally installed a cell phone tower in Idaho
                Kreg
                www.builtinking.com
                youtube channel: builtinsbykreg
                if you do not have fun every day... why?
                get up.... get out there..... get going ! rocking all day long
                remember to give out 10 business cards a day !

Comment

Not only is there a cell tower in Idaho, but at my favorite fishing stream I get zero reception - now that's priceless! lol

Thanks guys for the info - after looking at cases it became apparent that I needed to ask for first hand experience!

Comment

My Otter Box case is awkward. Great protection (that I have often accidentally tested), but the silicone wrapping on the "Defender" case is doesn't stay on very tightly. When I pull the phone out of my pocket, I have to adjust the outer case. Granted, if you are a belt clip guy, that won't be an issue.

I'd check out the Griffin Survivor cases. Based on the torture tests they have on youtube, they look pretty good.
                    "American political opportunities are heavily loaded against those who are simultaneously intelligent and honest" --Richard Dawkins

Comment

I'm using my otter box case today and I'm down to 34% battery and it isn't 2 pm yet. That's why I got the mophie. I would appreciate if it used the same iPhone charger though.

Comment

I really like that mophie case. Totally new to me. Can a get it with a holster?

I use the otterbox. Works great. Kinda bulky but it's works great.

Kreg is right. You'll love the phone. I just added the mobile hotspot feature today. Even better now!
                        My forum signature

Comment

I upgraded to an iPhone 4S two days ago and got this case

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-Surv...5040271&sr=8-1

Don't stress the UK price, you will probably get it for the same number of dollars

Taking INSTANT photos is a bit of a pain because the camera "eye" is well protected and the protection has to be removed first. It doesn't bother me........... wood doesn't move that fast
                          Limey Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by J.Buesking View Post
                            I really like that mophie case. Totally new to me. Can a get it with a holster?

I use the otterbox. Works great. Kinda bulky but it's works great.

Kreg is right. You'll love the phone. I just added the mobile hotspot feature today. Even better now!
                            I haven't seen a holster Josh but even if they don't supply it I'm sure you can get it to fit any aftermarket case. It doesn't add that much bulk (at least the one on my brothers 3gs didn't).
                            -Dennis

Can someone PLEASE invent a sarcasm font!

Comment

Lifeproof. The best on the market.

Comment

Working...
                              X