Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

New Knee Pads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Knee Pads

I purchased these knee pads a few weeks back through Duluth Trading. So far I really like them. Can't even tell you have them on and there right in the perfect spot when kneeling. You have to get used to them as far as the location on your knee but after that it's easy. Though you folks might be interested.

www.skantechnologies.com
    ~Kent~

Re: New Knee Pads

Strapless? That works?
    k
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair

Comment

That's all well and good, Ken, but what about us shorts types? Clip it to my leg hair, I guess...

Good find.

- Kit
      www.northparkwoodworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by vanderpooch View Post
        That's all well and good, Ken, but what about us shorts types? Clip it to my leg hair, I guess...

Good find.

- Kit
        Obviously velcro Kit.
        Josh O.

"If people knew how hard I worked to achieve my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all. "

- Michelangelo-

Comment

Originally posted by kfc510 View Post
          Strapless? That works?
          k
          Yep sure does!
          ~Kent~

Comment

Good find.

- Kit
            Well Kit, that could be an issue...you'll need to cut off some regular work dungarees below the knee.
            ~Kent~

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Brobeck View Post
              Well Kit, that could be an issue...you'll need to cut off some regular work dungarees below the knee.
              Capri jeans for men......

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Brobeck View Post
                You're giving away your age. Do you know how much crap I get from the younger employees when I say dungarees instead of jeans?

Comment

And they are now apparently sold out?
                  Jeff Jackson

Comment

This seems nice. I think I'll gonna buy one pair of those. I always complain knee pain while kneeling on the floor or in the roof while working. Thanks for sharing these knee pads.
                    Used Appliances for Sale

Comment

Good find.

- Kit
                      Appropriately contemporary, up-to-date "cool" shorts are baggy and go well below the knees :)

Comment

Originally posted by dgbldr View Post
                        Appropriately contemporary, up-to-date "cool" shorts are baggy and go well below the knees :)
                        probably not going to be "cool" since my shorts are not that long.

Actually that is kind of a funny statement-shorts that are not long......

Comment

dgbldr,

Mine are often almost there by the end of the day, with sweat and tool belt working their "magic". Plus, I have that late 30s, butt-shrinking/belly growing thing going on, too...

- Kit
                          www.northparkwoodworks.com

Comment

dgbldr,

Mine are often almost there by the end of the day, with sweat and tool belt working their "magic". Plus, I have that late 30s, butt-shrinking/belly growing thing going on, too...

- Kit
                            That's called dunlapps' desease ;-)

Phil

Seriously though, I bought a pair of Rawlings umpire shin guards for $20, I added a gel pad to the inside of the knee area, about $10 and I have been using them for several years now. If I am working on a floor that is delicate, I slip a sock over the shell at the knee. I only use the two lower straps. One on the ankle and one at the calf. They cradle your shins in a sling like area and you don't get the elastic pinch scars at the back of the knee. They work similarly to ProKnee but are way cheaper and the hard plastic area does not absorb anything, so when kneeling on a roof, if the asphalt marks it up, a swipe of mineral spirits removes the offending blemish.
                            I went through a half dozen other brands before I tried to contact ProKnee. They were sucky at responding. In fact they did not respond at all to multiple emails, so I made my own.
                            Hope that helps Beezo ;-)

Phil
                            Last edited by philthegreek; 04-16-2012, 10:10 PM.
                            It's better to try and fail, than fail to try.

Comment

Phil, sounds like a good thing to try out. I think I have tried out probably 10 or 20 different brands and types over the years. I know some of the guys rave about the pants with the built in kneepads but I just cannot seem to wear long pants in the summer. I just get too hot and cannot handle it.

I currently have someone's brand that has a much wider elastic strap that seem pretty good. Still by the end of the day they are cutting into the back of your knees. May have to give your option a try. Actually I have been getting buy pretty well with about 3 or so foam kneeling pads when I do most jobs and just kind of slide them around to where I need them. For a bathroom tile job they are fine but much more area than that it gets a bit tiresome to move them around all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X