Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

QuickBooks12 problem - Intuit can't help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuickBooks12 problem - Intuit can't help

I had a duplicate Invoice template I have used since QBPro 2002, and used in 2009 as well. I upgraded in January to 2012, and everything was cool.
    Last week the invoice refused to Preview. No .pdf, generated, either. I CAN view, modify & print Estimates & Reports.
    I looked in the "Invoice" section while an Invoice was on the screen. The list is there, and if I click each one in turn, the on-screen Invoice changes, but I have lost my customized Invoice.
    When I go into "Customize" and Layout designer, the preview in the box is not there, and I cannot do anything with it.
    I posted the problem on the Intuit Internet Community site, but it seems this is beyond the community's ability to help.
    I re-installed the printer (HP 3015 all-in-one), and the fax portion, Microsoft XPS printer and Adobe Printer is there, but nothing works in QuickBooks Pro Invoice. Every other program sends to the printer & it works.
    Can anyone help, please?

Re: QuickBooks12 problem - Intuit can't help

Aaron,

I've done a little research and this doesn't appear to be a commonly reported problem.

Have you tried contacting Inuit technical support? I realize this is a paid service but it might be money well spent.

How long ago did you upgrade? I'm hoping you made a backup of your computer beforehand.

If that's the case, you could uninstall the new software, restore your old QB database and try upgrading it again.
    Joe Adams
    Deep Creek Builders, Inc.
    Houston, Texas

Comment

You might try installing QB on another computer and seeing of the problem is isolated to your machine or can be duplicated on other machines.
      HERS Rater • BPI Building Analyst • BPI Envelope Professional
      Certified Green Building Professional • Certified Existing Home Advisor
      General Building Contractor • Asbestos Certification • Hazardous Substance Removal Certification • EPA Approved Lead-Safe Contractor • Locksmith
      PMP • ESEP • CISSP

Comment

OK, boys, here is what happened.
        I had occasion to open Adobe Acrobat and was also given the error "No Printer Installed". Trying <Help> <Repair> did not work, but sure enough, it's a rare but known issue.
        Go to (XP PRO) <Control Panel> <Printers and Faxes> and select your printer. Right click to the "tick" mark appears, and save.
        Vola!

Comment

Thanks for the followup, Aaron!

I run XP Pro too so this tip may come in handy.
          Joe Adams
          Deep Creek Builders, Inc.
          Houston, Texas

Comment

Working...
          X