Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Anyone work in Santa Cruz?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work in Santa Cruz?

I've got a long time customer that is in the process of buying an existing house in Santa Cruz (Ca.) and is looking for a finish carpenter to do some modifications to the interior trim. Change doors, add crown, maybe add some other trim, build a couple of built-ins etc.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I will pass your name along. Not sure of the exact timing - just sometime in the next year.

Thanks

Rich

Re: Anyone work in Santa Cruz?

Catspaw you should go do the job in the fall its real nice there an vacation time added and all travel a most lodging is deductible... the back way up the hill by way of hwy9 an 35 to frisco is worth the trip.

Comment

Actually she did ask me if I wanted to take a road trip and do it myself. But I here that they have pesky things like licences and codes and inspectors that we don't have in Vermont. So I'd have to do the job under the table and then I couldn't claim my expenses!

Comment

Rich for interior trim there would be no need for inspections / permits; but you would have to get a CA license and that is pretty much a huge hassle.

I do not live there anymore; but there are plenty of decent contractors there that pay attention to detail and work with in the historical context of the house. Just have her do the usual - and have her specifically look at past similar jobs done. I do not have a specific recommendation.

Just warn her that if the swell is right - no work will be done that day. :)
        “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
        Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)

Comment

I'm up for that. I sent you an e-mail.

Comment

Working...
          X