Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

in-floor radiant heat for garage/shop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: in-floor radiant heat for garage/shop

Originally posted by clydewater View Post
    Scott,
    Thanks for the link to your shop project. It looks great.
    Looks like you have a lot of land up there too.
    Thanks
    Rich
    Thanks Rich. I havent updated that thread in a while, but the new shop is finally fully functional. And we have done a complete scrub down on our spray shop, including new floors, storage cabinets and castered benches. Casters on everything these days.
    Scott Burt

Http://www.topcoatfinishes.com/
    http://topcoatreview.com/

Comment

Re: in-floor radiant heat for garage/shop

Originally posted by Alaskan Son View Post
      Phil,

Which assumption do you disagree with? Everything you say above I can 100% agree with. The glycol is great and should minimize the risk, but won't completely guarantee it. And that only takes care of one of the problems on my short list. I wasn't saying recovery times and comfort were a problem in case thats how you read it. Actually the opposite. Comfort level is much higher with radiant heat. What I was saying was that the radiant isn't really any more efficient, costs more, and should really only be used if comfort is your #1 priority.
      You're right, I didn't read your post that way.

Phil
      It's better to try and fail, than fail to try.

Comment

Working...
      X