Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

"Toughbuilt" tool totes and cliptec pouches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Toughbuilt" tool totes and cliptec pouches

Looked at them at Woodcraft and they look like they very useful. I like the 8" tool tote. Also thinking about trying the clip -on tool pouches also. Anyone try them yet? I read one review on the Sears website that said the plastic clips broke after a few weeks. Now i wonder how long a setup like this would last having plastic clips. http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...sal-Pouch.aspx

Re: "Toughbuilt" tool totes and cliptec pouches

looks fine for a diy or light use, but I know I'd have any plastic on them destroyed in no time.
    Contact us for all you mailbox post installation needs!

Comment

I bought one of the clip ons 2 weeks ago did not last 3 days the store gave me a refund and I walked away.
      Tom D.

more tools please.

Comment

Tom, did the plastic clip break? Neat system, but seems like the clips are the weak link.

Comment

Yup sure did, at first I was bummed out but I soon realized it was just a gimicky thing anyhow.
          And if you like the 8" bag Dale you can get basically the same one from several other brands like mcguire nickols.
          Last edited by tom dickey; 12-16-2011, 06:02 AM. Reason: content
          Tom D.

more tools please.

Comment

The SEARS by me (Central VA) has that 8" bag on sale right now for $15 or $20.

Comment

Originally posted by m2akita View Post
              The SEARS by me (Central VA) has that 8" bag on sale right now for $15 or $20.
              Almost all of the TB items seem to be on sale via the Sears site as well.
              Greg

Comment

I was looking at them at Sears today for 19.99. I like the 8" bag, and thought the clip on bags would be nice to have for belt use because of the large selection and versatility of being able to switch bags out. But if the plastic clips arent durable then that kind of rules out the belt/bag idea. Went to the Depot after Sears and looked at the Husky pro line of soft sided tool carriers and decided to buy the 20" with tool wall. My thoughts were originally to replace my aging Bucket Boss with 2 smaller soft sided tool totes to try and lighten the load of carrying one loaded Bucket Boss that has to weigh at least 50+ lbs all the time. But after I saw the the Husky 20" at the Depot, I think Ill try it for awhile. It looks like its easier to carry than a 5 gal bucket, even if its loaded with 50lbs of tools. Gettin older now(52 years young) and luggin that kind of weight sometimes gets exhausting, especially at the end of a 10 hour day.

Comment

Just got this PM'ed to me, posting it.

Jeremy,

We will send out replacement clips to you free of charge from here in the US sales office. If you did break the clips you can send an email via our website, and we will respond: http://toughbuilt.com/contact-us. You can also contact us directly @ 888-929-6844.

My name is Zach Chasen. I handle all claims, questions and customer relationships.

I can seem to respond, maybe I don't have the credentials as I just signed up.

Would you mind posting my message to your fellow peers on this thread?

Thanks,

Zach

Comment

I would've made him replace it before I posted. :)
                    -Dennis

Can someone PLEASE invent a sarcasm font!

Comment

Doesn't matter to me, I don't own the stuff.

Comment

I bet the design is based on the Batman Belt.

In this business equipment must be simple and fool proof...... NO PLASTIC and BELT LOOP!

Comment

I have all three size of the CLC Utility Pouch, which come with a metal clip and belt loop.

The smallest: http://www.goclc.com/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=1523

This size works great with the metal clip. Larger than that just doesn't work well without using the belt loop. I just clip the small one on the tape measure metal clip of their 18" tote bag, which makes it work alot like the set shown in the original post. Plastic won't hold up even for my 1-2 day per week use. The total for the two CLC bags would add up to around $70 and the quality is excellent but not up to Veto level of course.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by GregBradley; 12-22-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I have a number of the Occidental clip-on pouches that I use when working in the shop & occasionally on installs. They're very well made (all the Occi stuff I've ever seen has been) & there's a real convenience factor in being able to switch out pouches for different tasks.

I just ordered this new one the other day. Looks to be a perfect shop pouch for me.
                            Greg

Comment

greg, i like that oxy one. i think i may have to get me one of those.

i have been using one of my velcro-on skillers electrical pouches and it works pretty well for installs and shop days also.

shop size pouches are the hardest to find. i like the old model that gary uses on the road shows.
                              -Sal

Handyman - Flooring - Built-Ins & Custom Carpentry - Porch Renovation

Comment

Working...
                              X