Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Great iPhone Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great iPhone Case

My future son-in-law just got a "Lifeproof" case for his iPhone - supposedly totally waterproof and much smaller/nicer than the OtterBox cases we've been using. Not cheap - I think he paid $75 for it -and accessories are really pricey - $20 for a waterproof jack adapter.... but it's much smaller, doesn't bulk up the phone as much... and it's smooth, so it doesn't stick going in and out of your pocket (which has been my biggest beef with the OtterBox. I'm asking Santa for one. http://www.lifeproof.com/

JLS
    =====================================
    ((Planning + Process) x Technology) = SUCCESS!

Joe Stoddard
    Mountain Consulting Group, LLC
    Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/moucon

How can we help you achieve your goals?
    ====================================

Re: Great iPhone Case

Nice case. I admit however I was a skeptic until I watched the video and saw the kid eating spaghetti with an iPhone.
    When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

No EVO or ipad yet. :(
      -Dennis

Can someone PLEASE invent a sarcasm font!

Comment

I'm still using the cheap bumper Steve gave me for free so my phone wouldn't drop it's signal.
        Randy

Comment

I've been using one for the last month and like it better than my Otterbox. I have had it in the pool a couple of times. I've dropped it as well with no ill affects. I have no complaints.
          Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by GregB78 View Post
            I've been using one for the last month and like it better than my Otterbox.
            You have the "Lifeproof" case?
            When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Sure do. Best case I've had for the iPhone.
              Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by GregB78 View Post
                I've been using one for the last month and like it better than my Otterbox. I have had it in the pool a couple of times. I've dropped it as well with no ill affects. I have no complaints.
                You literally dropped your iPhone, in the Lifeproof case, into a pool and had no problems?

And, as Joe mentioned, it's not silicone like the Otterbox (which I love, except for its slight bulk and removing-from-pocket difficulty... but it ain't protecting the phone from going in the drink!
                No brains, no headaches

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by slimpickens View Post
                  You literally dropped your iPhone, in the Lifeproof case, into a pool and had no problems?

... but it ain't protecting the phone from going in the drink!
                  Actually took it in the pool on purpose, I like listening to Pandora radio while going for a swim. I have put it underwater on several occasions to show people that it really works.
                  Greg.

Comment

Just what the doctor ordered, thanks Dr. Joe ;-)

Added to Santa Wish list

Phil
                    It's better to try and fail, than fail to try.

Comment

hey thanks for the tip i just switched out my iPhone 4 for the iPhone 4s upgrade and of course another 199 3rd time in 2 years ! i have up an iPhone, but hey love um thats why I bought and iPad and a macbook pro ties it all together.

will order case
                      Kreg
                      www.builtinking.com
                      youtube channel: builtinsbykreg
                      if you do not have fun every day... why?
                      get up.... get out there..... get going ! rocking all day long
                      remember to give out 10 business cards a day !

Comment

Working...
                      X