Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wanted: Tapco Brake Buddy

I'm looking to replace my tapco brake buddy that was stolen with the rest of my tools a few weeks ago. If anyone has one they want to get rid of, preferably in excellent-new condition. Please PM or email me.

I figured I would ask here in case someone has one they don't use, instead of me buying one new.

thanks...scott

Default Re: Wanted: Tapco Brake Buddy

Check your PM, Scott.
    Greg

Just to clarify, this is the profile roller, not the cutter.

http://www.tapcotools.com/pages/acce...rake_buddy.php

Thanks...scott

Any luck on locating any of your tools, Scott?
    Richie Poor

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, value engineer your unit prices.

Nope, got the truck and trailer back damaged and my brake. That's about it.

Thanks...scott

When my stuff was stolen a few months ago, I ended up buying a new one from industrialladder.com Going by memory it was about $285
    Steve

I am assuming since you are asking for one that you must use it for your work. I have yet to see them in use by anyone that I know of but them my experience is pretty limited. They work well and add a bit of detail that others cannot give I am guessing.

Scott, if you don't mind us asking, what technique(s) did they use to get your truck and trailer?
    HERS Rater • BPI Building Analyst • BPI Envelope Professional
    Certified Green Building Professional • Certified Existing Home Advisor
    General Building Contractor • Asbestos Certification • Hazardous Substance Removal Certification • EPA Approved Lead-Safe Contractor • Locksmith
    PMP • ESEP • CISSP

Quote Originally Posted by m beezo View Post
    I am assuming since you are asking for one that you must use it for your work. I have yet to see them in use by anyone that I know of but them my experience is pretty limited. They work well and add a bit of detail that others cannot give I am guessing.
    Yes I used it to do fluted post wraps.

scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
    Scott, if you don't mind us asking, what technique(s) did they use to get your truck and trailer?
    Lets just say the factory alarm is pretty much useless.

Check your pm.

scott
    Last edited by scott_w; 02-06-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_w View Post
    Yes I used it to do fluted post wraps.

scott
    Those look nice. I may have seen those installed but just assumed that those were always factory ordered columns.

You mind me asking how long it takes to set up and run those? And is is done in 3 passes/one pass for each flute?

Seems like a good thing to be able to make your company a little different than others.

Quote Originally Posted by m beezo View Post
    Those look nice. I may have seen those installed but just assumed that those were always factory ordered columns.

You mind me asking how long it takes to set up and run those? And is is done in 3 passes/one pass for each flute?

Seems like a good thing to be able to make your company a little different than others.
    You can buy premade ones I think, these are just made out of coil stock. I like this because I can do them whatever size/color I want. They take about 2 hours to make 2 of them to install. Most the porches I have done only have 2 posts. I charge $200-$250 installed per post. I don't seem to do alot of them, but then again I don't go out looking for that work either. People that see them, love them.

Each bead is a single pass. Once setup you run the 1st bead on each pc, then the 2nd, then the 3rd. This eliminates alot of setup and errors.

Here is another nice detail I like to do with it, see attached pic. These people just recently had a door installed by another contractor. They realized after he installed the door that he could not match this detail. So I get to cap their door for $150. No one around here has this tool.

scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Essexville,Mi. Home of the best walleye fishing in the great lakes.

Is the fluted corner all one piece? Meaning you bent it square with one side open to install. And how did you fasten the metal?

Quote Originally Posted by gman396 View Post
    Is the fluted corner all one piece? Meaning you bent it square with one side open to install. And how did you fasten the metal?
    Its 4 pcs, 2 pcs have 1/2" hems bent at 90 to cover the corner. They are fastened with trim screw on the hem. Someone had mentioned to me before about using a heavy 2 sided tape or an adhesive. I just never tried it.

scott

I've got a Van Mark Brake and have the trim former they make for theirs. Has the standard brick mold profile, as well as one like shown in the above pics. Cool thing - also has a crown molding like die and roller - you can literally "roll" a crown moulding profile as part of a basic soffit or wall trim.

I probably shouldn't have even bought the darn thing - I don't even do much siding stuff, but after I got the brake, I "had" to have all the toys that went with it. Darn thing cost near $400-450 or so.

Last couple years or so have broken me of that habit. Well, sort of...

JT