Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default sub cantracting to lowes

I have been plumbing for 7 years have my own buisness. i was wondering what all goes into and how it works when u intall for lowes or homedepot

Default Re: sub cantracting to lowes

Not real sure , but thinking you end up with all the risks like you now have and probably making less money. Also one is not building your own business ,but theirs at your expense.
    Just my thoughts and they may not be correct.
    Randy

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten

You add to the 50 % disatisfaction level found in reviews of Lowe's / HD installs on the internet.
    Steve

"Get three coffins ready" - A Fistful of Dollars 1964

http://youtu.be/KZ_7br_3y54

Quote Originally Posted by Justintimeplumbing View Post
    I have been plumbing for 7 years have my own buisness. i was wondering what all goes into and how it works when u intall for lowes or homedepot
    Even though times may be tough, try to avoid contracting with them at all costs. Let it be the place for the incompetent contractors to work and that will make you shine more in the end.
    "I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also, that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    --Barry Goldwater AD 1964

I was an Expo (fancy HD) certified GC back in '02. They are incompetent and pay far below market rates. They're like bookies - you win, they win. You lose, they win. There are government bureaucracies and there are private bureaucracies. Guess which one Home Depot are?
    Richie Poor

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, value engineer your unit prices.

Richie:

Found a picture of the 1EW's washing machine, she claims she can't use it anymore,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “It is not an endlessly expanding list of rights —the “right” to an education; the “right” to health care; the “right” to food and housing. That is not freedom. That is dependency. Those are not rights. Those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle.” - Alexis de Tocqueville

Not only can she use it but she better use it when we run out of beer. Next week.
    Richie Poor

Quote Originally Posted by Overbuilders View Post
    Not only can she use it but she better use it when we run out of beer. Next week.
    Take you that long to run out of beer?

Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    Even though times may be tough, try to avoid contracting with them at all costs. Let it be the place for the incompetent contractors to work and that will make you shine more in the end.
    Hear ye hear ye, at 1805 hours PST on 20 December 2010... I agreed in full with something Johnson said.

The frequency of this is approximately equal to the frequency with which a total lunar eclipse coincides with the winter solstice.
    Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
    Website - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by m beezo View Post

Take you that long to run out of beer?
    No, it takes the three closest liquor stores that long.
    Richie Poor

Quote Originally Posted by David Meiland View Post
    Hear ye hear ye, at 1805 hours PST on 20 December 2010... I agreed in full with something Johnson said.

The frequency of this is approximately equal to the frequency with which a total lunar eclipse coincides with the winter solstice.
    In a nutshell, here's what I've said:

1. global warming is a hoax and if embraced, will destroy our economy and way of life. All this over something that is a lie.
    2. Barack Obama is a moron that has no sense of economics or the american way. He is touted as being articulate and intelligent, (above average), which is obviously false.
    3. Liberalism is the greatest threat to our Country and the U.S. is presently saturated with it.
    4. Freedom to succeed or freedom to fail, coupled with a fair judicial system is what makes any Country great. The conservative method of personal responsibility, accountability, and minimal government intervention brings out the best in man and elevates society to a higher civilized state.

Now, David, why in the world would you not share with me in ideals more often than a winter solstice lunar eclipse? I've been basically right about every issue I debated on here. You surely still don't believe in global warming do you? You surely still don't think that Obama is a good leader do you? You surely don't think that bigger government programs and penalizing success is the better way to go, do you?
    "I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also, that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    1. global warming is a hoax and if embraced, will destroy our economy and way of life. All this over something that is a lie.
    Yeah Steve but there is hope for you, California is instituting Cap & Trade, it will destroy our economy and the rest of the nation will see what happens, then you will not have to endure it, but you will have to bail us out so be prepared to pay more taxes to save California, now instead of "saving the earth" you will be "saving California" thank you.
    “It is not an endlessly expanding list of rights —the “right” to an education; the “right” to health care; the “right” to food and housing. That is not freedom. That is dependency. Those are not rights. Those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle.” - Alexis de Tocqueville

Sub-contacting in the current economy is for desperate people. They will bleed you dry and throw you away.

Mark

P.S. I am glad to see that Johnson is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Seibert View Post
    Yeah Steve but there is hope for you, California is instituting Cap & Trade, it will destroy our economy and the rest of the nation will see what happens, then you will not have to endure it, but you will have to bail us out so be prepared to pay more taxes to save California, now instead of "saving the earth" you will be "saving California" thank you.
    Dick, the liberals will emphasize that it didn't work in California because the rest of the nation didn't go along with them. Only if the other redneck states would follow along with CA the nation as a whole will do well. California is probably the richest state in the union with the greatest natural resources. Liberalism even bankrupted this!

To the original poster

FYI - Trade Talk tends to turn into political or economical discussions...maybe try the Business forum next time. Not that it is bad, some guys tend to get side tracked - right David?
    Contact us for all you mailbox post installation needs!