Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Husky 1.5 Gallon Air Scout Compressor

I'm looking for a small compressor for some limited trim work. It will only be used for 15 & 18 gauge finish nailers and will NOT be used for production work. I have a bigger compressor I use for those jobs, but I don't feel like lugging it around for smaller work. I've considered giving up the compressor on trim jobs by getting the new Senco Fusion but that's $400 and I'd like to save a buck if I can. I saw a Husky 1.5 gallon on wheels at Home Depot today for $89, the price is right and it's less than half the weight of my bigger rig, has storage for the coiled hose and could fit my needs. Does anybody have any experience with this compressor?

Default Re: Husky 1.5 Gallon Air Scout Compressor

For a few more bucks you can get a Senco PC1010, which is a great compressor. Very quiet! It will do what you want.

http://www.amazon.com/Senco-PC1010-1.../dp/B0000AQK78

Go ahead and pick up a good Flexeel hose while you're at it.

I have the little Senco and it's my go to for trim.

I have that little senco also and it is a real nice little compressor but 2 years ago i bought a 3 gallon craftsman and it has become my primary compressor for almost everything i do now it is a little heavyer and louder than the senco but it will run a roofer or coil gun as well as a trim gun
    Tom D.

more tools please.

I also have the mini senco, and I would get it over the husky

Its been awhile since I have posted. I just had to throw my 2 bits in on this one. I have the older version of the husky that I got maybe 5 yrs ago as a throwaway for my punch out man as one of my other 4 compressors had bit the dust. We were doing a mix of production and custom trim. Now, I am on mission to see if I can kill it. It has become our regular compressor running 3 to 4 trim guns for over 2 yrs (custom houses) bcs I got tired of hauling the bigger compressor in the house. We have also been doing finished basements and I have used it for a framing gun, 2 framing guns was a bit much. It is quieter than any of my other compressors except maybe the makita and doesnt blow the breaker. It has been about the only time I have been impressed with a cheap tool. Oh and I got it bcs the slooow "baby" senco couldn't handle punch out duty for 4 short months and the piston ate it. Was taking longer and longer to pump up, then finally just wouldn't pump up. Had a buddy who said the same happened to his.

Hope the newer husky version is just as good as mine bcs I will def get another one when I manage to kill this one.

Carl

If it's anything like the little Husky compressor I have, I hope it comes with earplugs. I bought this one around Christmas 2008 because for $59 you got the compressor, a brad nailer, and a 23 gauge pinner. I wanted to try out a pinner without dropping $200-300, so I figured, "why not". The pinner has turned out to be well worth the price of the whole thing, and it's hard to imagine how we survived without them for all these years. The compressor, on the other hand, is the loudest thing I've ever heard! I've taken to lending it out to neighbors when they ask to borrow something to blow up a kiddie pool, etc.- they only ask once, because they never want to deal with the noise again....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kovacs View Post
    If it's anything like the little Husky compressor I have, I hope it comes with earplugs. I bought this one around Christmas 2008 because for $59 you got the compressor, a brad nailer, and a 23 gauge pinner. I wanted to try out a pinner without dropping $200-300, so I figured, "why not". The pinner has turned out to be well worth the price of the whole thing, and it's hard to imagine how we survived without them for all these years. The compressor, on the other hand, is the loudest thing I've ever heard! I've taken to lending it out to neighbors when they ask to borrow something to blow up a kiddie pool, etc.- they only ask once, because they never want to deal with the noise again....lol.
    Yikes...noise is important, I've had clients jump through the roof when I've been talking to them and my compressor kicks in.