Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Some more great Home Depot deals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more great Home Depot deals

I don't know if this is nation wide, and I know not all HD's have Hilti sales, but the one I go to in Kenner, LA has some great deals on some Hilti products. They were out of stock at the location I was at, but you might have better luck. I have a call into my rep to see if he can get me the point laser, and possibly the jig saw.

PML32 line laser: Normally $449, now $169
    PMP34 point laser: Normally $399, now $149
    WSJ 750-ET Jig saw: Normally $199, now $99 (does anybody know how this compares to Bosch?)
    SID 121-A 12V NiCd Cordless Impact Driver: Normally $250, now $127

Re: Some more great Home Depot deals

Same in Jersey. I was told Hilti is going to debut new stuff in the next few weeks so there is a big effort to unload these items before all interest is lost on old stock.
    Tom

Comment

I almost forgot. They also had a gas 14" cutter for $499, which is about 1/2 price.

Comment

Originally posted by rustbucket View Post
        WSJ 750-ET Jig saw: Normally $199, now $99 (does anybody know how this compares to Bosch?)
        I've had the 750 for about 2 years, quite happy with it.

Compared to the Bosh, hard to say, the Bosch it replaced was getting pretty old. I'd had it for six years, but it was 5-6 yrs old when I got it... I think they're roughly on-par, but would have to try a newer Bosch to say for sure.

Is the blade-change still fiddly on the newer Bosh's? It's real nice & simple & works well, on the Hilti; I hated it on the old Bosch.

Anyways... I paid 240, then, no regrets. Plenty of power, adjustable speed, the vac port actually sucks dust away from the cut. Reliable, made in Lichtenstein, not some 3rd world hole.

No idea if it fits the collins.
        Last edited by frenchie; 02-05-2010, 06:15 PM.
        Francois

Truth is just one man's explanation for what he thinks he understands. (Walter Mosley)

Comment

Thanks for the review frenchie. I checked my local stores, and couldn't find one that had one in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by rustbucket View Post
            I almost forgot. They also had a gas 14" cutter for $499, which is about 1/2 price.
            I went in for that one and the Hilt rep laughed at me like I should have been there a month ago asking...LOL
            Your source for:
            Decks • Deck Design • Porches • Railings • Pergolas in Bergen County New Jersey
            Remodeling and Home Improvements in Bergen County | EPA Approved Lead-Safe Contractor
            Techno Metal Post: Helical Foundation Piles in New Jersey
            Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Di View Post
              I went in for that one and the Hilt rep laughed at me like I should have been there a month ago asking...LOL
              Greg, if you're interested, I can check next week if they still have it.
              Last edited by rustbucket; 02-07-2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

HI
                I went to 4 Home Depots here in New Jersey and none of the items listed was marked down yet.
                If anyone else in the NJ or eastern PA notices the prices have been reduced, please post.
                Thanks
                Richard

Comment

I saw most of these on clearance at the Pin Oak store in Houston today.
                  Joe Adams
                  Deep Creek Builders, Inc.
                  Houston, Texas

Comment

Working...
                  X