Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

California Roadshows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Roadshows

Just in case someone doesn't already know, I'll be doing three Roadshows in California in a couple weeks.
    Dec. 5 Andersen Plywood in Culver City
    Dec. 10: Dolan's Lumber in Walnut Creek
    Dec. 12: Beronio's in San Francisco

I'm also going to do a special class on Greek Revival / Victorian Trim at Woodcraft of Dublin on Tuesday, December 8, from 4:00-6:00 pm

You can make reservations for any of these shows online:
    http://www.katzroadshow.com/upcoming_events.html

If anyone from the forum is going to be at any of the events, let me know! And please say hello at the shows.
    Gary

Re: California Roadshows

Gary,
    I plan on going up to the Thursday show in Walnut Creek. I sent in my info a couple of months ago, then called the lumber company who was faxing my info also. Should I expect any kind of confirmation? It's about 4 hours drive time, I would hate to get turned away...
    I'm excited about it and will certainly say hi if I can wade through the crowd. :-)
    Dave

Comment

i reserved two spots at the Culver city show, but no confirmation that I can remember. It may be just my old age.

Comment

Gary:

I'm looking forward to finally meeting you in Walnut Creek.

Dick
        "The only communists left in the world are in American Universities."

--Mikhail Gorbachev

Comment

Dave,
          Confirmation calls are supposed to be made a couple days before the shows, so don't expect to hear from someone until about then.

And no one needs to worry about getting in. The reservations and confirmation process is rigid partly because the events are catered--breakfast & lunch-- and they need to know how many mouths to expect.

I look forward to seeing you all at the shows.
          Gary

Comment

My Dad and I will be there in Walnut creek, and Dublin. Looking forward to it!
            Jesse Wright
            www.archmolding.net
            www.jessewrightdesign.com
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archit...27731683955342

Comment

Got my confirmation today. They said they have a waiting list for the Culver City show, so if you can't make it let them know. I confirmed there would be two in my party.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Katz View Post
                Dave,
                Confirmation calls are supposed to be made a couple days before the shows, so don't expect to hear from someone until about then.

And no one needs to worry about getting in. The reservations and confirmation process is rigid partly because the events are catered--breakfast & lunch-- and they need to know how many mouths to expect.

I look forward to seeing you all at the shows.
                Gary
                Thanks Gary.

Comment

I just made a reservation for the Dec.12 spot at Beronio Lumber. Wife says we have something going on but I'm going to bail. This is work, right? At least that's how I'll spin it.
                  -Steve

Comment

It will totally be worthwhile to your work. You will make more money and have more time to spend with your wife due to what you learn at this Roadshow. Sit up front, pay attention and ask lots of questions. You may even get a prize!

Comment

If anyone is attending the Andersen Plywood show in Culver city, be sure to get there EARLY. They have over 400 reservations. And parking will be tight, too.
                      Gary

Comment

So Gary when are you coming to Canada?
                        David Tuttle

Comment

Originally posted by texastutt View Post
                          So Gary when are you coming to Canada?
                          Just tell him you know of an awesome fly fishing spot & he'll be there!
                          Greg

Comment

Well, I could lie... but I don't fish, other than when the black lab brings me a dead one. I know all the good roads to ride a bike on though.
                            David Tuttle

Comment

The Culver City Roadshow at 'Anderson Plywood' drew a full house. I got there an hour early, so I got to play traffic cop at the nearby parking lot. Anderson set out a full spread with a hot breakfast, a big lunch with tons of food and snacks, fresh cookies, brownies, and fresh fruit. The fans were mostly tilted toward cabinets, but gave a good reception to the range of subjects covered by Gary who started the show 15 minutes early to include a short prelude on the importance of moisture measuring.

One thing that really helped with the presentation to a large group was Gary's fancy dancy Video Screen. Very cool, The screen really helped, especially in the back rows to see closeups of coping and even some charts. As usual Gary did a great job of explaining how things work.

KG won the first prize after being drafted as a helper. Later at a break he pointed me to a cow magnet that Anderson had on display as a Stud Finder. There were a lot of giveaways by Anderson and the vendors. Everybody got an Anderson T-Shirt. I also got a 'Windsor shirt and a cool black Liquid Nails hat at one of the the free raffles.

Frank Caputo, who has written three atricles for JLC was there as part of the Roadshow team. Also making its first appearance was the West Coast Roadshow's Sprinter to tote all the west coast Roadshow props, A/V, and tools..
                              Attached Files
                              ....Bob Lavery
                              "One should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed."
                              William of Occam quote

Comment

Working...
                              X