Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

festool cabinet class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festool cabinet class

boy what a great day here at festool usa. 8 of us learned how to use several of the festools better and more of the tricks. we built an upper and lower cabinet box. how would you like a shop filled with all of these tools

we were set up in teams of 2 and we each had our own set of festools and 3 mft, and a kapex and on and on and on.
    Attached Files
    Kreg
    www.builtinking.com
    youtube channel: builtinsbykreg
    if you do not have fun every day... why?
    get up.... get out there..... get going ! rocking all day long
    remember to give out 10 business cards a day !

Re: festool cabinet class

Sounds like a great opportunity! I smell a new article for page 118 in this is carpentry ;-)

When you can, give us an overview of the methods and techniques they are teaching you for building cabinets.

Have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by ecarlson View Post
      Sounds like a great opportunity! I smell a new article for page 118 in this is carpentry ;-)

When you can, give us an overview of the methods and techniques they are teaching you for building cabinets.

Have a great time!
      eric,

maybe! will update when I get back home tomorrow.
      Kreg
      www.builtinking.com

Comment

Where did this class take place? You must be on the Festool speed dial to be on the inside track like this.

I am looking forward to hearing more about what you learned.

Comment

Festool has so much stuff available that works well in the system it would have been great to have gone and seen how it all works together...

It seems like you get to have a lot of fun...
          David Tuttle

Comment

I do not think any work is being done there. It is all just for show. I see no sawdust on the floor, no cloud of it in the air. Plus were you really there? I thought you were in every picture you ever take?

Seriously, tell us all about it. First the show in Indy now this! What is next? Visit the White House?

Comment

Festool is in the process of establishing and setting up training classes at their headquarters outside of Indianapolis and also at their training center in Las Vegas. I was one of the lucky ones who went to the first class in August that was set up to help determine how to set up different classes. We had a blast.

Kreg's class came out of discussions we had in August and is being used to fine tune the curriculum to be offered later. They are also working on an advanced router class. Up until now the classes have been geared towards the dealers and need to be tweaked. By the way the advanced router class is a two day class also.

Kreg will come back with lots of tips. If the previous class was any indication of what he is going thru he will be remembering things that he forgot for weeks. AND, the tips that the attendees will give the fabulous trainers will be considered for integration into the class material.

If you guys are ever in the Indianapolis area, the Festool Headquarters is a visitable place and the people are great. Visitors are encouraged.

Peter

Comment

the class was at festool usa in lebanon indiana. it was just great learned a lot of better uses for the system of tools they have.

and yes beezo i am usually in every pic ! lol I am in the middle of nowhere in west virginia at a truck stop getting cup of coffe.

dont ever try and sleep in a van when it is 32 degrees outside because it will become that inside. and even with shirt, thermal, sweetjacket, sweet shirt and hoddie and blanket. it is freeking cold !!!! will be home in 3-4 hours. it was a 642 up and 642 back in miles trip.

but well worth it. I will add more and pic later today.

beezo: lol
                Kreg
                www.builtinking.com

Comment

here are 2 pic. the first one is using the mk700 new router from festool. this thing is lightweight, easily balanced and works great for quite a few applications.

including running a dado 1/4" down the back of the cabinet to receive the back board. it was smooth and quick.

the 2nd pic is of the raz tool that festool has, it works as a grinder and is great for scribing. works better than a belt sander and when attached to the dust collector it sucks up all the dust, I mean all of it. we were all amazed.
                  Attached Files
                  Kreg
                  www.builtinking.com

Comment

first picture is the tall and short of it. I am with the CEO of festool usa, christian. who was listening all the time to our concerns and how the tools can help us do our job easier, faster and smarter. and was really very enjoyable to talk to.

One funny story he told us, was back in 2004 when they used to sell direct, they would get on the average 1 per day of a housewife calling up saying that there husband bought this tool from festool and wanted to return it and how to do that....... I guess she need more shoes instead of her husband needing a great tool ! lol

2nd pic is my teammate and the 2 cab we built for this class.
                    Attached Files
                    Kreg
                    www.builtinking.com

Comment

and last the group picture and the trainers, ceo, marketing managers etc. and the class people.
                      Attached Files
                      Kreg
                      www.builtinking.com

Comment

Uhmmm. Kreg. Haven't you changed pants yet from Indy?

Comment

nope I change them on the 10th of each month! lol
                          Kreg
                          www.builtinking.com

Comment

Very, very cool Kreg. Why didn't you keep the van running with the heater on? Did you pass through Pittsburgh on your way to Indiana?
                            ~Kent~

Comment

I was wondering about the pants and shirt. I would guess that they gave you a new shirt to wear didn't they?

You never slept in a van when it is cold outside before? Every hunting season for about the last 10 years I have slept in a van at least one night when deer hunting. 32 is not cold. We were hunting one November when it hit about 15. 2 sleeping bags, sweat pants, long johns, several pairs of socks did not cut it. Finally put on my hunting coveralls and turned on the van and heater just to get warm enough to head outside about 5 to sit in the woods hoping to see a deer. You have an obsession with Festool, for me it is a weekend of deer hunting. And mine is still cheaper than most Festools.

Comment

Working...
                              X