Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Under-cabinet outlet strip

Hi all. I'm currently doing the preliminaries on a kitchen backsplash with a design that would really benefit from getting rid of the outlets above the counter and putting in an outlet strip where the cabinet meets the top of the backsplash. I've seen these before where the plugs are on a 45 degree angle and it looked pretty good and seemed to function well. I haven't been able to find this via google, though.

So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good manufacturer of these or has any other useful feedback or different recommendations that I could take to the client.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

ps-don't worry, I won't be installing these myself.

Default Re: Under-cabinet outlet strip

search wiremold

Make sure to have one device within 2 feet of each side of the sink and range as well as from the end of the countertop and no more than 4 feet apart.

Edited to add:
    Speedy was just a little quicker than I was, good link
    Seeking to be the best and the safest in the electrical trade.

I don't believe "Wiremold" is what Matt was referring with. I do higher end kitchens and if a client wants receptacles under the cabs we install the Angel Power Strip from this company http://www.tasklighting.com/pc/index.htm

Give them a call and tell them you want there latest spec and price sheet. If they do not have a stock size that fits your specs then they will make anything you want. They prefer dealing with legitimate companies so they will ask for your company name.

Product is not overly expensive but definitely not for everyone. Keep in mind these are High quality American made.

Thank you all. I think that is it, Gary.

Gary,

Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it.

Tj
    http://chicagocraftsmen.org/2011/06/261.html

Check with the AHJ, what we say doesn't matter.

I'm curious how those of you who use Wiremold make your connections with the line. Junction in cabinet above? Hollow cavity below cabinet? I've known guys to run the romex right into the end of the plug strip, but that seems cumbersome with 12 ga wire in that tight of space.