Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haarp

Default Haarp

So Dave, what's the deal with them antennas? Lots of media agitation. What's the word on the street...I mean tundra... up there? Is that where all the global cooling is coming from? Burning holes in the ionosphere for sport?

Geez, if it's not oil drilling it's Palin or an antenna farm. As Roseann Rosanna-Dana would say, it's always something.

Default Re: Haarp

Very controversial, some Democrats up there claim that it's part of a Republican Star Wars Defense system, others claim that it's something to do with monitoring Chinese attempts to alter the Arctic to induce more rainfall in China, their biggest problem. It is open, Dave can go over and they'll give him a tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    These concerns were amplified by Bernard Eastlund, a physicist who developed some of the concepts behind the HAARP in the 1980s and proposed using high-frequency radio waves to beam large amounts of power into the ionosphere, energizing its electrons and ions in order to disable incoming missiles and knock out enemy satellite communications. The US military became interested in the idea as an alternative to the laser-based Strategic Defense Initiative. However, Eastlund's ideas were eventually dropped as SDI itself mutated into the more limited National Missile Defense of today. The contractors selected to build HAARP have denied that any of Eastlund's patents were used in the development of the project.

After the physicists raised early concerns, the controversy was stoked by local activism. In September 1995, a book entitled Angels Don't Play This HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology by the former teacher Nick Begich, Jr., son of the late Congressman Nick Begich (D-AK) and brother of U.S. Senator Mark Begich (D-AK), claimed that the project in its present stage could be used for "geophysical warfare."

The critics' views have been rejected by the HAARP's defenders, who have pointed out that the amount of energy at the project's disposal is minuscule compared to the colossal energies dumped into the atmosphere by solar radiation and thunderstorms. A University of Alaska Fairbanks Geophysical Institute scientist has compared the HAARP to an "immersion heater in the Yukon River."

Since the ionosphere is inherently a chaotically turbulent region, HAARP's defenders state any artificially induced changes would be "swept clean" within seconds or minutes at the most. Ionospheric heating experiments performed at the Arecibo Observatory's ionospheric heater and incoherent scatter radar have shown that after periods of modification (up to an hour), the ionosphere returns to normal within about the same period of time it had been heated.

For instance, HAARP generates 3.6 megawatts (MW) of power. 3.6 MW is considered a minuscule percentage of the energy compared to all of the energy constantly injected into the Earth, and the ionosphere, by the sun.

Furthermore, supporters of HAARP argue that its activities have been, since its establishment, extremely open. All activities are logged and publicly available. Scientists without security clearances, even foreign nationals, are routinely allowed on site. The HAARP facility regularly hosts open houses, during which time any civilian may tour the entire facility.¹
    After hearing all kinds of conspiracy theories for years I think it's probably a left-over government program that just can't die becasue it's producing money to a bunch of worthless government employees.

¹ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAARP
    “‎A general State education is a mere contrivance for moulding people to be exactly like one another; and as the mould in which it casts them is that which pleases the dominant power in the government, whether this be a monarch, an aristocracy, or a majority of the existing generation; in proportion as it is efficient and successful, it establishes a despotism over the mind, leading by a natural tendency to one over the body.” ― John Stuart Mill

Haarp is very cool to drive past. You can see them on google earth also. There doesn't seem to be anybody around, just this huge weird looking antenna farm. The University of Alaska claims they are for observing the aurora borealis. By the way the Magnetic North Pole has been moving north. The northern lights follows the magnetic north pole. The north pole is now in the Arctic Ocean and is expected to be in Russia within the next 50 years. So in just a few short years we will rarely see the northern lights here in Alaska. The airports up here have been re-numbering runways to corespond with the new compass rose. I don't think the new angle has affected the lower 48 runway numbers as much, anyone out there know?

It's just a Communist conspiracy don't you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post

By the way the Magnetic North Pole has been moving north. The northern lights follows the magnetic north pole. The north pole is now in the Arctic Ocean and is expected to be in Russia within the next 50 years.

It's just a Communist conspiracy don't you know!
    Argghh!!! I knew it! Anthropogenic Magnetic Change! When will it all end? Where's Algore when you need a fearless leader and profiteer?
    Richie Poor

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, value engineer your unit prices.

Don't worry Richie, they'll figure out a way to blame it on global warming, just give them time, they're still reeling from the change from Global Warming to Climate Change (or more properly Climate Variation), to say nothing of how they are going to deal with their rejection by both China and India.
    “‎A general State education is a mere contrivance for moulding people to be exactly like one another; and as the mould in which it casts them is that which pleases the dominant power in the government, whether this be a monarch, an aristocracy, or a majority of the existing generation; in proportion as it is efficient and successful, it establishes a despotism over the mind, leading by a natural tendency to one over the body.” ― John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by dgbldr View Post
    So Dave, what's the deal with them antennas? Lots of media agitation. What's the word on the street...I mean tundra... up there? Is that where all the global cooling is coming from? Burning holes in the ionosphere for sport?
    Got me.... Funny thing is that I have driven that road many times and never even noticed the antenna farm... I knew it was around, but never knew where. Have not heard any media rumblings either up here.

I plead oblivious to it all; but do know that we will be northern lightless in a few decades..... The Japanese tourists will soon have to flock to Russia in the dead of winter.... It is considered a good omen to conceive under the northern lights in Japanese culture and Fairbanks has several direct charter flights in winter to / from Japan in the winter.

They also have flights direct to Germany that fly over the pole again - that would be a treat on a clear day....

BTW, if you never have seen the northern lights it is truly a treat....
    “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
    Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Overbuilders View Post
    Argghh!!! I knew it! Anthropogenic Magnetic Change! When will it all end?
    When you stop being such a chick magnet or you stop moving around :)

When you think about it, there are a lot of strange people doing a lot of strange things up in Alaska, do you suppose HAARP is a government mind control experiment going on up there? Is it possible to alter the thinking of an entire state? If so, which state is next, Texas? Speaking of altered minds ~~~~ no I won't go there.

I never heard of Haarp. I've always been fascinated with Nicola Tesela. I've never been smart enough decide if some of his wilder theories were madness or genius. He truly is the epitome of the mad scientist, you can't make up a better story. So here in the 21st century is Haarp based on the dis-credited mad scientists theories. Through the cold war there were rumors of very secret very wild experiments going on in Russia using some of Tesela's theories. Even today you hear hints of strange weapons technology that the Russians keep hidden to counteract high tech weaponry and targeting. The Russians have a tradition of maskirovka and secrecy that to this day no one knows what direction their technology took during the cold war and where it led. http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...r88/smith.html

For those that don't know the story Tesela was supposed to be building a source of free, unlimited energy on Long Island when JP Morgan had his lab burned down then loaned him the money to rebuild only to pull the plug on him. When Tesela died he was considered a babbling mad man. I found the story in a nut shell here: http://educate-yourself.org/fe/radiantenergystory.shtml

Dave:

As a take off on Tesla's radiant energy, I heard the other day that we are about to get appliances like TVs and computers that are powered by radiant energy, something like 50 feet from a transmitter.

Here are some pictures I found of one of the old Russian test sites http://www.capturedlightning.org/hot...IIE/index.html
    and this one with groovy sound track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Td--HItuoI&feature=fvw

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Seibert View Post
    Dave:

As a take off on Tesla's radiant energy, I heard the other day that we are about to get appliances like TVs and computers that are powered by radiant energy, something like 50 feet from a transmitter.
    Sounds intriguing. Wouldn't it be nice to re-discover his radiant energy ideas just when we are running out of cheap energy sources and everyone's worried about climate change. Talk about your Disney endings. Wouldn't you love to have a piece of those patents?

Dave:

I was always for the Star Wars program, first it seemed the ultimate defense against rogue countries like Russia at first and now China, second it was so highly regarded by Edward Teller, the father of the H Bomb, it was being promoted by Teller at Stanford and much of the research was here at the Livermore Laboratories. The program was brought to its' knees by the relentless protesting of the anti-war fanatics, apparently on the basis that it could be used as an offensive weapon as opposed to a defensive system. The same people who were in the anti-war movement are now populating the energy and green movements, apparently wanting to disable the Untied States and other countries from ever going to war again. I can only speculate on their motives without getting too close to the one-world government conspiracy theorists, and I don't necessarily want to get in bed with one bunch of wackos to fight another group of them. Here is a video connecting HAARP with Teller and Star Wars.

It's been known for some time that first the Soviets and now the Chinese have been experimenting with altering earth weather patterns, warming the climate would be a huge boon for the development of Siberia with its' tremendous wealth of natural resources, and China has been launching and exploding satellites in an effort to increase rainfall over China, their biggest need is water and in order to develop their vast poverty-stricken interior they need much more water, all this popular stuff about the Chinese preparing to attack us from space is more redistribution of space junk to alter world weather patterns in my opinion, but I do think we have to prepare for a war with China.

Dick
    I'm not at all against defense R&D, not at all. The world is at it's most dangerous when one major player gets weak. We get a major spinoff it the technology that's spun off military R&D. if there is something to radiant energy I don't think the private sector would spend the money and take the risks necessary to develop it.

I don't think we'll ever see another major shooting war between great powers again. At least I hope we don't. War is politics by other means so by that definition I think China is already at war with the USA. They are quietly building influence in the Middle East and Africa. They've gone into Africa partnered with the Arabs recently not giving aid and fighting the cold war as the west did but as investors offering trade and commerce. China's armed forces are pretty weak as far as projecting power but they are building up considerable anti shipping capabilities and have stated their intention to build a true blue water navy by 2020. The have developed a ballistic missile with multiple warheads that they can direct onto moving ships combined with some very good submarine launched anti-ship missiles. Then there's this little incident http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=4647 At the start of WW2 the battleship was queen of the seas but they proved obsolete with the advent of the air power. One day the same will be true for the air craft carrier. Just like the main battle tank has seen it's day on land. It's inevitable.

Do you have a link to appliances that run on radiant energy. It sounds really interesting.

Dave:

No I don't have a link, I heard it on the radio the other day, I've heard stories over the years of outlets broadcasting electricity to lamps since the 50s but never paid much attention, so I was surprised to hear about running TVs and computers off a central transmitter.

We sure agree on the war thing, China has done more without firing a shot than Japan ever dreamed of attacking Pearl Harbor, they've taken our money and used our own money to buy us, and we are happy about the rape, the old might just as well lie back and enjoy it if it's inevitable.

The rubber is going to hot the road on this energy thing, we are being told that we have to sacrifice our lives for the good of the earth, they see it as we are going to have to sacrifice and cut back so they can catch up, we defiled the earth for our economic expansion in the 20th century, the 21st century belongs to them and is their chance to catch up.